By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Is VGChartz facing an impending crash?

AEGRO said:
Honestly, this is the best videogame forum that ive ever seen.

The community is very knowledgeable and the discussions are pretty good.

I agree with this. The community here is great

Around the Network

Eh, I'm just here for the forums.

Charts are too slow for me to care a whole lot, tbh.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

...and VGC made me post twice in a row.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Machina said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Machina said:

I feel fully justified in the tone of my post given the tone of your post.

Think whatever you want. You already made it clear what you think of the average member.

I think I explained exactly what I meant in my second post, ignore it if you must.

This whole thread was turning into a circle jerk of criticism when I began my original post. I'm proud of the writing team and the content we produce and have produced for years now, so if I feel that part of the site is being unfairly criticised because it's become open season on the site since the sales are so far behind (I'm as frustrated as everyone else about this, but am hopeful we can finally do something about it soon), then yes I'm going to speak out and probably with a bit of attitude (as time has gone on I've come to give less of a shit about being diplomatic on VGC).

I didn't say anything about the average member, don't be absurd. I was quoting you and arguing against criticism from you and others in this thread.

You are the MVP of this website Machina. Knowing you are around makes things feel A O K... *hugz* 💖

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I for one do enjoy the articiles on the front page and find a lot of them well done. Also Kudos to whoever runs the VGChartz Twitter as that is how I'm normally linked on new articles from the front page.

Around the Network
Machina said:

This whole thread was turning into a circle jerk of criticism when I began my original post. I'm proud of the writing team and the content we produce and have produced for years now, so if I feel that part of the site is being unfairly criticised because it's become open season on the site since the sales are so far behind (I'm as frustrated as everyone else about this, but am hopeful we can finally do something about it soon), then yes I'm going to speak out and probably with a bit of attitude (as time has gone on I've come to give less of a shit about being diplomatic on VGC).

I didn't say anything about the average member, don't be absurd. I was quoting you and arguing against criticism from you and others in this thread.

If people are criticising then go and address them. I already told you that I wasn't having a dig at the writers. I explained why I said what I said. What more do you want?

I know how hard it is to keep up with news BTW. I had a gaming site for a few years and trying to get writers and keep up to date with news was freakin' hell. The quality and amount of articles you guys put out now has improved massively over the last year and you guys do a good job.

And yes, you did single me out and said that I "contribute nothing". I consider myself a very active member on this site so anybody as active or less is seen as fuck all in your eyes.

VGC has been slowing down a lot.. without numbers, the main appeal of this site, a lot of users have left so it's been really slow.. don't think it will die completely, but if the delays continue like this more will continue to leave and less would want to join :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Machina said:

Not for nothing, but saying that he's someone who "contributes nothing to the site" is a very easy thing to cause a misunderstand. Either you're specifically saying that he as an individual has had no input of substance to the site and forums, which is directly just plain rude, or you're more likely saying that his opinions on the site are less valid because he's not on staff, in which case it's clear as day how that could be misconstrued as being a window into your opinions on the average user.

If you meant neither, you didn't make it very clear.

Machina said:

Good to hear :)

Just put the crossed out line down to me being over-protective :P

Will do!

TruckOSaurus said:
golfgt170 said:
Everyday i check the site for updated numbers... But i lost interested since all i see here is everything except sales numbers :/

So all i do is: www.vgchartz.com, check if the numbers are updated(they aren't), close tab

Then how did you wind up here, pray tell?

This thread was on top spot and caught my eye since i assumed it would be relevant to sales data gone on vacation :P