By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts WEEK ENDING 17 October 2015

That's great for Tales of Zestiria. Didn't expect that to do that well in the UK.

Around the Network
mymuro said:
Until Dawn out of chart next week?

Maybe, but im not too bothered about that. If the developer says that the game surpassed their sales expectations, im more than happy.

Until Dawn is a Materpiece, genre wise.

ethomaz said:
walsufnir said:

Hey, people are happy that jrpgs are "back" and they all sold less than Forza 6.

Previous JRPGs sold less.

Most didn't even chart (Disgaea D2, DQ for 3DS, etc) or reached 4k week 1 (previous Tales).

What is your point?

Even less? Wow. So at least it's better while not being good?

Ka-pi96 said:
4 weeks now for FIFA! Can it do 5? Anything of note releasing next week?

I think just Assassins Creed

walsufnir said:

Even less? Wow. So at least it's better while not being good?

Yeap.

These JRPGs in terms of Week 1 did good in UK... that will at least make more JRPGs be localized.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
walsufnir said:

Hey, people are happy that jrpgs are "back" and they all sold less than Forza 6.

Was that a deliberate apples to leg of lamb comparison, or do actually not see the issue here?

Relax, there is nothing to see here. People make everything out of charts to fit to what they want to see.

Good charts position? Awesome! Game is good (not caring about sales but implying it also means good sales)

"Not so good" charts position in second week? Others dropped way more, sales must be awesome!

Chart position only okayish? It will have lags, or even bundles, sales will be awesome!

Chart position bad but still exclusive so have to make it look good? Sales are plenty enough, they hired kids to program the game, my favroite company still makes money and a sequel is justified, yay!

walsufnir said:

Relax, there is nothing to see here. People make everything out of charts to fit to what they want to see.

Good charts position? Awesome! Game is good (not caring about sales but implying it also means good sales)

"Not so good" charts position in second week? Others dropped way more, sales must be awesome!

Chart position only okayish? It will have lags, or even bundles, sales will be awesome!

Chart position bad but still exclusive so have to make it look good? Sales are plenty enough, they hired kids to program the game, my favroite company still makes money and a sequel is justified, yay!

It is not about chart position and how much it sold.

Forza 6 flopped compared with previous entries... flopped hard to be fair.

JRPGs did better than previous entries... so it is good... no matter which position in the chart (that is better than previous entries too).

You are in every thread trying to defend Forza 6 but it flopped in UK... I can even do a table showing the legz is lower than previous entries too if you wish... it is only on 5th in the chart because there is no better release right now (Oct was weak from releases until the last two weeks).

ethomaz said:
walsufnir said:

It is not about chart position and how much it sold.

Forza 6 flopped compared with previous entries... flopped hard to be fair.

JRPGs did better than previous entries... so it is good... no matter which position in the chart (that is better than previous entries too).

You are in every thread trying to defend Forza 6 but it flopped in UK... I can even do a table showing the legz is lower than previous entries too if you wish.

Where exactly did I defend it in every thread? :) I couldn't care less, I just think that a "flop" is a hard word for Forza 6 in the UK which this thread is about and your thread about the top 10 was about.

To "better" and "good". Not everything that is better than before is "good", that's why it is called comparative. But in this case, "good" is also subjective but I can see why you think it is good.

walsufnir said:

Where exactly did I defend it in every thread? :) I couldn't care less, I just think that a "flop" is a hard word for Forza 6 in the UK which this thread is about and your thread about the top 10 was about.

To "better" and "good". Not everything that is better than before is "good", that's why it is called comparative. But in this case, "good" is also subjective but I can see why you think it is good.

How it is not good?

A JRPG sells 2k in the past and today sold 4k... it is good, no? I guess that is one reason to be happy... increase in sales.

Or do you expect JRPGs to sell over 10k at debut? They will do with a lot of lucky 200k in EU at max... 150-170k is more in line with at JRPGs sells lifetime in EU.

TALES OF ZESTIRIA

Nicely done.

UK loves fifa and lego lmao, always does well there.