By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts WEEK ENDING 17 October 2015

ethomaz said:
walsufnir said:

Where exactly did I defend it in every thread? :) I couldn't care less, I just think that a "flop" is a hard word for Forza 6 in the UK which this thread is about and your thread about the top 10 was about.

To "better" and "good". Not everything that is better than before is "good", that's why it is called comparative. But in this case, "good" is also subjective but I can see why you think it is good.

How it is not good?

A JRPG sells 2k in the past and today sold 4k... it is good, no?

Depends. Compared to other genres it is not good, even worse. What you can say is that it is better. Whether it's good depends on how you look at it.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

Depends. Compared to other genres it is not good, even worse. What you can say is that it is better. Whether it's good depends on how you look at it.

Why I will compared a JRPG with FPS or other genre? It is apple to oranges.

walsufnir said:
Normchacho said:

Was that a deliberate apples to leg of lamb comparison, or do actually not see the issue here?

Relax, there is nothing to see here. People make everything out of charts to fit to what they want to see.

Good charts position? Awesome! Game is good (not caring about sales but implying it also means good sales)

"Not so good" charts position in second week? Others dropped way more, sales must be awesome!

Chart position only okayish? It will have lags, or even bundles, sales will be awesome!

Chart position bad but still exclusive so have to make it look good? Sales are plenty enough, they hired kids to program the game, my favroite company still makes money and a sequel is justified, yay!

I...okay...that has nothing to do with what I said, but...good for you?

I was saying that your comparison doesn't make any sense, and you basically just replied with an admission of bias. Which, fair enough, but it's not really relevant to the topic at hand.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Ka-pi96 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
4 weeks now for FIFA! Can it do 5? Anything of note releasing next week?

I think just Assassins Creed

huh, well if the hype this year, or lack thereof, is anything to go by then it has a chance

Yeah, but this AC is in london so it has hometown advantage lol

Normchacho said:
walsufnir said:

Relax, there is nothing to see here. People make everything out of charts to fit to what they want to see.

Good charts position? Awesome! Game is good (not caring about sales but implying it also means good sales)

"Not so good" charts position in second week? Others dropped way more, sales must be awesome!

Chart position only okayish? It will have lags, or even bundles, sales will be awesome!

Chart position bad but still exclusive so have to make it look good? Sales are plenty enough, they hired kids to program the game, my favroite company still makes money and a sequel is justified, yay!

I was saying that your comparison doesn't make any sense, and you basically just replied with an admission of bias. Which, fair enough, but it's not really relevant to the topic at hand.

That is because you don't understand what I wrote but I take it as my fault to not making it even clearer for other people. And yes, news at 11, people post with a bias on forums. A reminder that we learn something new every day.

Around the Network

Nintendo is killing there ma'am!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

walsufnir said:
Normchacho said:

That is because you don't understand what I wrote but I take it as my fault to not making it even clearer for other people. And yes, news at 11, people post with a bias on forums. A reminder that we learn something new every day.

oh no, I understand what you were saying. You pretty much just reminded everybody that confirmation bias is a thing, but that doesn't work as a retort to what I was getting at. You see, success is based on expectation. As an example, lets look at two companies.

Company A, made $50m in profits in 2013. In 2014, they made $75m in profits.

Company B, made $10b in profits in 2013, and $6b in profits in 2014.

Company A had a great 2014, becuase they saw significant growth.

Company B didn't have a very good 2014 because they suffered a pretty large contraction in profits compared to previous years.

Saying Forza 6 is doing well because it's outselling JRPGs makes no more sense than saying it's doing poorly because it's being outsold by GTAV.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
walsufnir said:

oh no, I understand what you were saying. You pretty much just reminded everybody that confirmation bias is a thing, but that doesn't work as a retort to what I was getting at. You see, success is based on expectation. As an example, lets look at two companies.

Company A, made $50m in profits in 2013. In 2014, they made $75m in profits.

Company B, made $10b in profits in 2013, and $6b in profits in 2014.

Company A had a great 2014, becuase they saw significant growth.

Company B didn't have a very good 2014 because they suffered a pretty large contraction in profits compared to previous years.

Saying Forza 6 is doing well because it's outselling JRPGs makes no more sense than saying it's doing poorly because it's being outsold by GTAV.

Bingo!

Stolen from GAF, but it appears UKIE accidentally (or not?) posted the Dragon Quest sales:

"There’s no shortage of titles for RPG fans as Square Enix release ‘Dragon Quest Heroes’ (The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below) (3,101) at No19. "

Dr.Vita said:
GTA V is 2 years old and still in the top 10... BEAST!!!

Indeed Vita-san. I have to concur. RockStar definitely have outdone themselves with GTA V. Sans some of the launch issues with GTA Online, it is quite the exceptional gem.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay