By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy XV director would like to work on a Zelda game

AEGRO said:
Justagamer said:

I really have no idea how his statement could get him banned... wow.

100% agree with you. 

That comment was nothing to be banned for, im sick about this type of moderation on this site. 

There is a select few that get away with things that would permaban anybody, and there is this. Mods have to take it easy and focus on the hard stuff.

I've been moderated for saying that I didn't understand how Persona appeals to people outside a specific age demographic, so this makes sense. Saying that that the characters look like a boyband could easily insult people looking forward to that game, and there was no reason to make that kind of remark in the context of the thread.

It was an unessecary, mean-spirited, off topic jab at a game people are looking forward to, without even being constructive or at least substantive in the critique. I've definitely been moderated for less.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
AEGRO said:

100% agree with you. 

That comment was nothing to be banned for, im sick about this type of moderation on this site. 

There is a select few that get away with things that would permaban anybody, and there is this. Mods have to take it easy and focus on the hard stuff.

I've been moderated for saying that I didn't understand how Persona appeals to people outside a specific age demographic, so this makes sense. Saying that that the characters look like a boyband could easily insult people looking forward to that game, and there was no reason to make that kind of remark in the context of the thread.

It was an unessecary, mean-spirited, off topic jab at a game people are looking forward to, without even being constructive or at least substantive in the critique. I've definitely been moderated for less.

Just because you have been moderated for less dont make it right. 

If you were banned for saying that, you shouldnt be defending this type of moderation, it just makes people hesitant about expressing their opinions just because they are afraid of being banned for saying the most minuscule thing about certain game.

Im awaiting FFXV just like the next guy, and im in now way, shape or form insulted by his "jab" which imo was just his opinion about the art style of the game.

If you look at my comment history, ive had hundreds of discussions with him, so im no defending him by any means, im just voicing my opinion about the moderation on this site.

AEGRO said:

Just because you have been moderated for less dont make it right. 

If you were banned for saying that, you shouldnt be defending this type of moderation, it just makes people hesitant about expressing their opinions just because they are afraid of being banned for saying the most minuscule thing about certain game.

Im awaiting FFXV just like the next guy, and im in now way, shape or form insulted by his "jab" which imo was just his opinion about the art style of the game.

If you look at my comment history, ive had hundreds of discussions with him, so im no defending him by any means, im just voicing my opinion about the moderation on this site.

No, it makes people hesitant about being dicks. You may not have been insulted, but someone easily could have been. You can, very easily, express your opinions here, agressively even, without making petty jabs like that. Like I said, there was absolutely nothing constructive or substantive in a statement like that. No interesting or productive discussion comes out of a statement like that.

I'm, very clearly, not hesitant about expressing any opinion here. If you're afraid you'll get banned for saying something, don't say it. That's what I do, and I haven't even been warned in almost a year. No one's saying you have to be nice all the time. Just don't say things that are obviously inflamatory. It's not difficult, like, at all.

spemanig said:
AEGRO said:

100% agree with you. 

EDIT: Decided I dont want to test my luck on the reply.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Lol how about he finishes FFXV first...

Around the Network

He said something about a game that may possibly offend someone? Fucks sake..... people on these forums say shit about games all the fucking time, calling games like gears, dude bro games, which is stupid as hell but not ban worthy.

Saying the characters look like n sync or 98 degrees or whatever, is insulting? Lighten up, and stop looking for reasons to take every damn thing personally.

And what about fans of those boy bands? Being offended by the comparison may make them offended by implying looking like a boy band is something to be offended by.... oh my goodness.

We've reached the age of being offending by every little damn thing. So, since we've set this precedence, let's make sure that anytime anyone says anything remotely, possibly offensive, ABOUT A GAME, let's make sure they're banned for it. Or, just don't ban someone for such petty shit.

Arminillo said:

EDIT: Decided I dont want to test my luck on the reply.

Wise.

zero129 said:

Really? i never knew that all i knew is it was a great game and i still wish for a real sequal to it. Anyway how or why did the developers leave??.

I was largely joking about the cause and effect angle, but quite a bit of Squaresoft employees, including a former President, the director of Mario RPG, and a lot of Mario RPG's staff wound up leaving Square in 2000 and forming what would become AlphaDream.

I will start by saying that this thread is not the place to be having this discussion, so consider this post not only the end of it, but a warning to anyone else who continues it. If you still have a problem with Goodnightmoon's ban after reading this, by all means bring it up with one of the head mods, or PM me if you just want to ask a question. Thanks.

First things first, if you're going to criticize a ban, at least read the ban note first. If you have, you'll know that he was not banned for saying FF15's characters look like they're in a boy band. Quite frankly, they do. What Goodnightmoon was actually banned for is baiting, due to the implications the first half of his comment carry, coupled with the context of his history.

Now, that last part is particularly important. On its own, made by a user with a clean history, that post likely wouldn't have resulted in a ban. It would more than likely have thrown the thread off track, as comments like that usually do, but if we believed the user's intentions were innocent and that they didn't know the kind of nonsense such comments create, they wouldn't be moderated (we'd just try and clean up the thread itself). This isn't the case here.

Goodnightmoon has a fairly long history with comments like this, and we've seen those comments derail several threads. Regardless to if it's his actual intention to do so, he has been warned about it numerous times (both directly and indirectly) and so is well aware of the kind of effect such comments have. Because of how often he has ignored such warning, after some discussion we decided that it was about time we started being firmer with him. Thus, he got a harsher moderation than the comment alone would normally entail.

We have no problem with people expressing controversial opinions, but we do have an issue with people consistently expressing them in a way they've been warned derail threads. Whenever you see someone has been banned, remember that we consider the user making a post as much as the post itself.

When it comes to blaming how long FF15 game has been taking. I blame the whole company. Just because one man decided to take a million years. Doesn't mean everyone from president to producer don't get passes on the choice. I really don't want Square near Zelda for that. They'll want a Zelda overworld map 20x bigger than GTA V.  To beat FF15.

So by the time we'd play it. We'd be in the middle of Nintendo's system after NX. Then something else delays it. "Oh, we have to take 3 more years to upgrade the game to 4K. Oh sorry, another 4 years, 8K is the norm." 3 generations later. Miyamoto: Sorry we need to give you the best experience possible. One more year delay, as his final game.