By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Cloud Power: Unlimited CPU - Future of Games Claim

The future looks great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQHI-euO1TE

Around the Network

It's called cloud gaming because it only works in your dreams.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

But how do i download more RAM

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Can I ask what the difference is between making it impossible to play singleplayer games without DRM and making it impossible to play singleplayer games without the cloud? Both require you to be online in order to play games. Is it just me that's spotted this? No one wanted DRM but now they're suddenly longer for having to be always online to play games. This is DRM through the backdoor folks.

It's also going to be interesting to see how sites review games like Crackdown. Are they going to review it based on the core game that's working on the XB1 or are they going to review it with the assistance of cloud computing. If they go for the latter, will they mention you'll need to be online to benefit?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

Can I ask what the difference is between making it impossible to play singleplayer games without DRM and making it impossible to play singleplayer games without the cloud? Both require you to be online in order to play games. Is it just me that's spotted this? No one wanted DRM but now they're suddenly longer for having to be always online to play games. This is DRM through the backdoor folks.

It is getting to the point that complaining about the internet for console is like complaining you need electricity to power your console. Internet is getting more and more reliable ,available and faster. Besides, most games now do require internet or you will be missing out on a lot (multiplayer, dlc, patches, ect).

Around the Network
vivster said:

Crackdown 3 says hi.

Snoopy said:

It is getting to the point that complaining about the internet for console is like complaining you need electricity to power your console. Internet is getting more and more reliable ,available and faster. Besides, most games now do require internet or you will be missing out on a lot (multiplayer, dlc, patches, ect).

I haven't heard that analogy in a very long time. Well remembered.

The PS5 Exists. 

Snoopy said:
vivster said:

Crackdown 3 says hi.

Sorry, can't hear you over how unreleased it is.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Snoopy said:

Crackdown 3 says hi.

Sorry, can't hear you over how unreleased it is.

Ok, when 2016 roles by you will see.

This reminds me of another The Red Dragon video talking about how "Gamers are easily influenced by propaganda".....