By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I sense a great disturbance is the force!

How does the cost of the season pass make you feel

It's okay, I do it for COD etc 4 3.96%

I don't like it but I mu... 3 2.97%

Not buying the game so don't care 39 38.61%

Wtf EA! F U and ure season pass! 23 22.77%

I'll buy the game but EA... 11 10.89%

Makes you want to #slapthegreedofEA 21 20.79%

Total:101

What's the problem here exactly? Do you realize Activision made people pay for 3 full priced games for one sequel (Starcraft 2).

How much does it cost to play WoW for a year? 15x12 = 180$ <- and that's without any added content.

How much money can you blow on free to play games like Hearthstone?

How much did people pay to play the 10 hour campaign for the Order?

I already preordered the basic edition and if the maps look promising then I will buy the pass. It's not hard. If you like the game, if you have fun with the game, then you pony up the money.

Around the Network

That's pretty rough, almost as much as the base game. I was thinking about picking this up but considering that the asking price in Canada is $80 CAD for the standard version, I'm just going to wait for a GOTY edition.

zero129 said:
iceland said:
zero129 said:
Fei-Hung said:
iceland said:
Reggin Bolas told me about the hipster anti-EA hate! I can see right through this! If this was Nintendo y'all be saying it was a steal!

Don't know what's hipster about this or what Nintendo has to do with it. I generally don't buy season passes as I don't buy annual releases such as COD, Fifa etc. Unfortunately since I am a huge star wars fan I was interested in this game, but the season pass is off putting and making me think twice 

Somehow i think he was being sacastic.

I'm offended, never in my life have I been accused of being sarcastic. Hipsters everwhere  

Lol i still dont understand what he was trying to get at with that post in that thread O_o .

Was he trying to say people where being anti EA cos they dont want battlefront at €60 and then another €50 for the season pass? but yet are praising Halo 5 when thats getting 15 free maps? O_o.

Lol if so he has some funny ways of thinking xD .

anyway to the OP

I was looking forword to the game and i really did enjoy the beta of battlefront but the is no way am i paying another 110 euros to get the full game.

Ill pick it up when the ful bundle game+Season pass is on sale on origin..

I'm in that unfortunate position where I have pre ordered the limited edition Star Wars PS4 and I get the game with it. I enjoyed the beta but knowing how stripped the game is and now the season pass price etc is making me feel like trading the game immediately at purchase. I rather get Just Cause 3 or Fallout as I know I'll at the very least will get as complete a game as possible at purchase.

Not interested in the game, but if I were, now I wouldn't be. That's just plain too much.

EA.... The cancer of gaming...

Around the Network

I've never bought any season passes before for any game. I don't see any value in it. By the time, most of the expansion packs are released, I'm done with the game and it's on gamestop's selves. I could see it being worthwhile for others though that plan on to keep playing the game and want all of the expansions. I'm not gonna buy this star wars game though. I learned of enough of the game well beforehand that turned me off from it.

NightDragon83 said:
Or you could just wait till next year and pick up the "GOTY" edition with all the DLC for like $60.

You can also trade in the original game and do what you just suggested then just spend $30ish for expansions

Soundwave said:
This industry is going to shit.

It really is. EA is the poster child, but so many publishers (and consumers and publications, for that matter) are to blame. 

reggin_bolas said:

What's the problem here exactly? Do you realize Activision made people pay for 3 full priced games for one sequel (Starcraft 2).

How much does it cost to play WoW for a year? 15x12 = 180$ <- and that's without any added content.

How much money can you blow on free to play games like Hearthstone?

How much did people pay to play the 10 hour campaign for the Order?

I already preordered the basic edition and if the maps look promising then I will buy the pass. It's not hard. If you like the game, if you have fun with the game, then you pony up the money.

Well you are describing the problem very well.

Thank you, EA!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---