By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I sense a great disturbance is the force!

How does the cost of the season pass make you feel

It's okay, I do it for COD etc 4 3.96%

I don't like it but I mu... 3 2.97%

Not buying the game so don't care 39 38.61%

Wtf EA! F U and ure season pass! 23 22.77%

I'll buy the game but EA... 11 10.89%

Makes you want to #slapthegreedofEA 21 20.79%

Total:101
Soundwave said:
This industry is going to shit.

EA is going further to shit nothing new or shocking.

Around the Network

Well they value their product how they want and it's up for us to decide whether it's worth it. And I can't see how 50$ could be reasonable for multiplayer only game. Well, maybe if it was something like Gears of War and I knew I'd be playing it for months to come but... I'll pass both the game and season pass.

Damn EA and their pricing.. my anus is still sore from buying two dlcs for DA:I for 15€ each.. I wanted the cheevos damnit. They could've at least added a stupid hat with "FOOL" written to it for me to wear.

zero129 said:
Fei-Hung said:
iceland said:
Reggin Bolas told me about the hipster anti-EA hate! I can see right through this! If this was Nintendo y'all be saying it was a steal!

Don't know what's hipster about this or what Nintendo has to do with it. I generally don't buy season passes as I don't buy annual releases such as COD, Fifa etc. Unfortunately since I am a huge star wars fan I was interested in this game, but the season pass is off putting and making me think twice 

Somehow i think he was being sacastic.

I'm offended, never in my life have I been accused of being sarcastic. Hipsters everwhere  

Nobody should be surprised by this. EA's season passes on their premier holiday multiplayer titles were set at $50 last gen with Battlefield 3, and hasn't wavered since. Consumers have spoken, and said ok with their wallets.

...yeah, still not as bad as Smash 4 DLC! (Which isn't even close to being over, just look at the ballot.)

That's if you look at it in a vacuum, Smash 4 at least felt complete at the start (though the single-player mode was generally crap to me), this has tons of content stripped from it relative to other Star Wars Battlefront games

I think there was a site called eastarwars.com.
It chronicles the victims of EA and how this title is...just barebones.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:

Well they value their product how they want and it's up for us to decide whether it's worth it. And I can't see how 50$ could be reasonable for multiplayer only game. Well, maybe if it was something like Gears of War and I knew I'd be playing it for months to come but... I'll pass both the game and season pass.

Damn EA and their pricing.. my anus is still sore from buying two dlcs for DA:I for 15€ each.. I wanted the cheevos damnit. They could've at least added a stupid hat with "FOOL" written to it for me to wear.

And the views in this thread is kind of a indication of what people think. And the problem is bigger than EA´s pricing, it concerns the future of the industry, where we run the risk of people simply not bying these AAA games anymore thanks to these practices. So the issue is bigger than EA.

Ka-pi96 said:
Wasn't going to buy the game anyways, I'm not buying less than half a game for full retail price. But this just tops it off.

This. It's the exact opposite of what I prefer to buy, an Enhanced/Collector/Game of the Year Edition with most bugs already fixed and some expansion included at the same price of the single original version at launch, often even a little less, as MediaWorld, GameStop, Euronics, UniEuro almost always do at least a little discount on almost everything that isn't an absolute novelty.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I spend a week convincing my friends to buy the game until I finally managed to change their mind.

Now I have to explain them why do we don't have to buy it. This is going to be awkward.

Or you could just wait till next year and pick up the "GOTY" edition with all the DLC for like $60.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

The_BlackHeart__ said:
I spend a week convincing my friends to buy the game until I finally managed to change their mind.

Now I have to explain them why do we don't have to buy it. This is going to be awkward.

In a similar situation here. Was fooled by Destiny, not gonna happen again.