By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is your favourite Nintendo Console/Handheld?

Tagged games:

Favourite Nintendo Console/Handheld?

NES 9 4.27%

SNES 43 20.38%

N64 32 15.17%

GameCube 26 12.32%

Wii 10 4.74%

Wii U 44 20.85%

GB 4 1.90%

GBA 10 4.74%

NDS 16 7.58%

3DS 17 8.06%

Total:211

NES. It's the only "core" console (my definition, so don't bother to argue semantics with me) in which Nintendo dominated the market from start to finish. The only other console to start and finish a gen dominating was the Wii, and that was thanks to mom and gramma.

Not to mention, that's the console that INVENTED most of the IP people play today. No NES, no Wii-U or 3DS.

Around the Network

For nostalgic reasons I'd have to say the NES as it was the first console I was ever really aware of, thought it was incredible as a young kid lol, the Gameboy is similar.

Otherwise, the only one I don't have much experience with is the SNES as I had a genesis. I've owned the rest, and they've all been wonderful.

Only one I was iffy on was the wii.

This is very tough, but if it comes to going down to the everything factored in, my favorite was the Gamecube

SNES followed closely by N64.

I'm really pathetic and have no friends. Please excuse the trolling message that used to be here, I don't know any better.

Around the Network

Home Console: Wii most definitely. Galaxy 1/2, Pikmin 1/2 New Play Control, Chibi-Robo New Play Control, DKCR, MK Wii, SSBB, SSX Blur... Virtual Console... BC with the Gamecube (if it didn't have this then GC would be my number one).. The Wii had practically everything I want console-wise.

Handheld: This one is difficult for me between the DS and the 3DS... Resultantly, I think I'll go with the 3DS thanks to it's backwards compatibility. Having access to FE: Fates, Mario 3D Land, SSB4, Pokemon ORAS/X/Y/Super Mystery Dungeon, Pushmo, Luigi's Mansion, etc. In addition to my favourite DS games like both Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 1 and 2, The Urbz: Sims in the City, Trauma Center, Phoenix Wright, Kirby Super Star, Mario Party DS, etc, on the same console, cement the 3DS as my favourite.

If I could only buy one?? I'd probably go with the 3DS simply for the fact that I play my handhelds more.

A few years ago, I probably would've said N64. Not only did I grow up with it (to whatever extent I could be said to have "grown up" with anything), but it still has one of the most stellar game line ups in video game history. Now, I have a Wii U which I've played thousands of hours of and there's no going back for me anytime soon for me.

Of the Nintendo consoles I own, here's me order: Wii U in 1st, N64 in 2nd, 3DS in third, Wii in 4th, NES and SNES in 5th

bet: lost

3DS because it has the densest library. Also, dual screen master race. Can't go back to single screen peasantry.

I'm really pathetic and have no friends. Please excuse the trolling message that used to be here, I don't know any better.