By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is your favourite Nintendo Console/Handheld?

Tagged games:

Favourite Nintendo Console/Handheld?

NES 9 4.27%

SNES 43 20.38%

N64 32 15.17%

GameCube 26 12.32%

Wii 10 4.74%

Wii U 44 20.85%

GB 4 1.90%

GBA 10 4.74%

NDS 16 7.58%

3DS 17 8.06%

Total:211

Gamecube.

Around the Network

SNES for home consoles. Very strong library of first and third party games and a lot of them have held up pretty well. For portables it has to be the DS, for similar reasons as I gave for the SNES but also the dual screen and touch screen were pretty big innovations.

Snes without a doubt. Best rpg's I have ever played and it's not because of nostalgia goggles I have replayed a lot of them years later and I still think they are the best. Secret of evermore, secret of mana, terranigma and link to the past are so so good! Also, there are some masterpieces like Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, DKC 2 and 3 and so much more. That system was incredible. Also best controller ever.

As for handhelds I can't say, original gameboy, gameboy color, advance and ds lite are all perfect, couldn't pick just one.

SNES - the golden age of Squaresoft

WiiU as a console -> Wii - > NES

Switch!!!

Around the Network

It's a tough call between DS and 3DS. Both have the awesome DS library, and it's hard to compare GBA and 3DS libraries. I voted 3DS because of VC, XL model and homebrew potential.

For me, nothing beats the DS. Countless hours racing my friends in Mario Kart and battling in Pokemon DP and HGSS, as well as a library pretty much unrivaled by anything else. Hell, even with all the hours sunk into it, there are still a ton of games for it that I want to get and several in my backlog. I could probably keep playing it till I'm 40 and not run out of games to play.

Home console: NES, followed closely by the SNES.

Handheld: DS Lite, followed by the GBA SP.

Gourmet said:
It's a tough call between DS and 3DS. Both have the awesome DS library, and it's hard to compare GBA and 3DS libraries. I voted 3DS because of VC, XL model and homebrew potential.

Lol, but with a flashcard, the NDS is really easier to use than homebrew, plus the DS also has as homebrew version that was never patched :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

twintail said:

GBA because of Advance Wars.
And NES because of Contra.

The rest of the systems are ok I guess.

love contra.  started with 30 lives, if I have a single death at stage 1, i reset the game and start over again. :D