By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is your favourite Nintendo Console/Handheld?

Tagged games:

Favourite Nintendo Console/Handheld?

NES 9 4.27%

SNES 43 20.38%

N64 32 15.17%

GameCube 26 12.32%

Wii 10 4.74%

Wii U 44 20.85%

GB 4 1.90%

GBA 10 4.74%

NDS 16 7.58%

3DS 17 8.06%

Total:211

NES. I have over 400 games to the console hehe :)

Around the Network

Gba

That console was so great, 3rd gen Pokémon, advance Wars 1 and 2 fire emblem the sacred stones, kingdom hearts chain of memories, sonic advance series, shining force remake, golden sun series, snes ports. So many of my favourite games on this device.

I've meant to say which console/handheld is your favourite, not which console and handheld is your favourite... but since everyone is doing that, I guess I will too :p

So my favourite home console is the Wii U because of the games. The GameCube is a close second but I really enjoyed the games on the Wii U... Mario Kart 8 to Double Dash, Smash 4 to Melee, TWW HD to The Wind Waker, Pikmin 2 to Pikmin 3, etc. Though I really like the GameCube controller, the gamepad works just as fine and with off TV play and using it as a remote, these handy features do help a lot.

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Virtual Boy all day

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Gosh, such a hard question. They have so many great consoles... T_T Maybe the SNES? That one had some of the best games ever!!!! @_@ Handheld, probably the DS. There were soo soo many games on it, and a lot of them were goooooooood.

And by my comment, I mean SNES overall x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

From nintendos concept/philosophy at the time i think gamecube. Softwarewise snes or n64 cuz i can play now Resi 1 & 0 on PS4 

Wii U- Not only has it got a fantastic library of games, I can also have access to the full Wii library and NES,SNES,N64,GBA and DS games. There is very good Indie support too. The gamepad is great for off tv play, and I also use it as a standalone tablet for internet browsing (having youtube on the telly whilst browsing VG Chartz on the gamepad is cool), Netflix, creating drawings via art academy etc. There is also a plethora of control options suited to any type of gamer, with Gamepad, pro-controller, Wiimote, nunchuck,and Gamecube controller. All software/system updates are downloaded in the background or the Wii U automatically activates a standby mode to pick up and install downloads when the console is not in use. It's also very user friendly with most external hard drives which has come very much in handy for me to add 2TB of memory. All in all its an efficient machine with a great software library and light years better than their last system, unfortunately it has only a fraction of the sales which is a damn shame.

Home console:WiiU and/or Gamecube
I can't choose, they're both great with the best Nintendo games of all time (imo).

Handheld: 3DS
Because games.

Easily the SNES! its library of games is simply amazing! Mario World, Mario RPG, Earthbound, Super Castlevania IV, Mega Man 7, Mega Man X, Super Metroid, etc...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Gameboy color