By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Monthly update:

#22 PS4 The Last of Us Remastered bundle (down 1)
#27 XB1 Limited Edition Halo 5 bundle (up 2)
#30 PS4 Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront bundle (no movement)*
#34 PS4 Limited Edition Destiny bundle (down 2)
#38 PS4 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection bundle (no movement)
#61 PS4 Limited Edition Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 bundle (no movement)*

*Doesn't count towards October NPD

This month is gonna be extremely close, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 1% difference in sales.

Around the Network
poklane said:

Monthly update:

#22 PS4 The Last of Us Remastered bundle (down 1)
#27 XB1 Limited Edition Halo 5 bundle (up 2)
#30 PS4 Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront bundle (no movement)*
#34 PS4 Limited Edition Destiny bundle (down 2)
#38 PS4 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection bundle (no movement)
#61 PS4 Limited Edition Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 bundle (no movement)*

*Doesn't count towards October NPD

This month is gonna be extremely close, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 1% difference in sales.

If the PS4 has a small lead by the end of the month, perhaps the other bundles will help push it to victory, and perhaps if the XB1 has a small lead by the end of the month, perhaps the preorders will help push it to victory.

The PS5 Exists. 

So... Halo 5 is getting some good momentum but all other Xbox bundles are under 100.

Interesting... i want to see what will sell more, Halo 5 + other x1 bundles Vs The 3 PS4 bundles ( Destiny /last of Us / Uncharted collection ) that are doing very well.

3 hours since my last update:

#10 XB1 Halo Bundle (down 1)*
#17 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)*
#30 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (down 3)
#36 PS4 TLOUR Bundle (same)*
#47 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (up 3)
#78 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 3)
#88 XB1 Forza Bundle (down 4)*
#90 PS4 Destiny Bundle (same)*
#94 N3DS (re-entry)*

*Affects this month

PS4 - 7 bundles, 6 in the top 100
XB1 - 9 bundles, 2 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

BraLoD said:
Monthly is still too much favorable to PS4.
Pre-orders from Aug/Sep or another good boost when the game comes will have to make up for it.

Have you any idea how Amazon deal with new bundles? It's allowing me to access the Nathan Drake + Guitar Hero Bundle but it's not showing any position.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
Y'know, I just realized that the Halo 5 bundle releases today, not next Tuesday. I wonder if this will be its peak in the Amazon charts or if it will continue doing well through next week.

The Halo 5 peak should come on the last day that Amazon can guarantee delivery for 26 Oct which will allow people to pre-download the game and commence playing at midnight. Once the delivery guarantee slips into the 27th I expect Halo to slowly start dropping interested chart. Though is suspect it will stay in the top 20 for some time.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

BraLoD said:
Some really childish stuff going on here earlier...

Now NDC is also out of stock? But the thing is new!
Amazon must really have their own plans, it's getting rid of too many bundles stocks, as someone said earlier, they may want to go full CoD (and SW), as they have been made a big deal for shipments.

Halo bundle got some strong rankings some hours ago I see, even being $500 people went full on it, as other bundles were so low. XBOX fans sure love their Halo.

It's not out of stock?

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-500GB-Uncharted-Nathan-Collection-4/dp/B014U0GRXE/ref=zg_bs_videogames_17

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Also seems very clear to me that with current monthly rankings showing Halo 5 at 27 and only TLOUR ahead at 22 and NDC at 38 there is little doubt in my mind that Halo 5 will end up being the top sku for the month. Which means the only way Amazon will lose its perfect record is if Ps4 actually wins NPD. Which seems extremely unlikely now.

I didn't like the prospect of Amazon being technically wrong because of the pre-order situation with Halo 5, so I will be glad to see Halo 5 edge ahead of TLOUR at some point.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Also seems very clear to me that with current monthly rankings showing Halo 5 at 27 and only TLOUR ahead at 22 and NDC at 38 there is little doubt in my mind that Halo 5 will end up being the top sku for the month. Which means the only way Amazon will lose its perfect record is if Ps4 actually wins NPD. Which seems extremely unlikely now.

I didn't like the prospect of Amazon being technically wrong because of the pre-order situation with Halo 5, so I will be glad to see Halo 5 edge ahead of TLOUR at some point.

That's not how Amazon works. If that was the basis, then Amazon would've already lost it's track record. April had a PS4 bundle on top, one position higher than the highest XBO bundle, but the XBO had another SKU a couple of positions down. Normally however, the winning SKU has been dominating so much that nothing else has mattered, but in this situation the Halo V bundle isn't way ahead of the PS4 bundles (I mean, it's still behind one of them in the monthlies).

And I still think the PS4 will win the month, by 30-40k, like I predicted after the pricecut was announced.

Tagged