By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Qermity said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Someone just mentioned something over at Gaf that I'd forgotten and I bet quite a few people have. Not only was the MS PR a little (how would you say) misleading, but it would have included sales of the game that released a WEEK before officially launching. The PR states 'at the end of the launch week' which allows them to add the extra week in and still make it look like it's only 1 week when in actual fact it's 2 weeks.

The bundle released on the 20th, so they counted 2 weeks.

But ultimately not relevant since all those sales will contribute to October NPD and the important thing is that almost the whole of the Halo 5 launch week falls in the October NPD period. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Ah wrong month :D

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

That MS PR could come back to haunt them. This is from a new insider. Bish immediately asked him to check is PMs and then came back and verified him as a reliable source:

Originally Posted by Dyson Industries

I've heard concrete information that Halo 5 launch numbers will be some of the lowest yet. Like 1.4-1.5M low. I'm willing to polygraph with an admin if need be, I've seen how inside information is dealt with here :P

The PS5 Exists. 

So now that software chartz are almost caught up to hardware, is there a chance we could get some VGC hardware numbers for octobre before NPD releases because that would make it EVEN more interesting.

GribbleGrunger said:

That MS PR could come back to haunt them. This is from a new insider. Bish immediately asked him to check is PMs and then came back and verified him as a reliable source:

Originally Posted by Dyson Industries

I've heard concrete information that Halo 5 launch numbers will be some of the lowest yet. Like 1.4-1.5M low. I'm willing to polygraph with an admin if need be, I've seen how inside information is dealt with here :P

Interestly enough, Halo 5 will be the high point for Microsoft exclusives for some time to come.