By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

My this thread got active. Including two moderator warnings, I wonder why?

Looking like a close match, I wonder how much the impulse buyers will affect this month.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
binary solo said:
Also seems very clear to me that with current monthly rankings showing Halo 5 at 27 and only TLOUR ahead at 22 and NDC at 38 there is little doubt in my mind that Halo 5 will end up being the top sku for the month. Which means the only way Amazon will lose its perfect record is if Ps4 actually wins NPD. Which seems extremely unlikely now.

I didn't like the prospect of Amazon being technically wrong because of the pre-order situation with Halo 5, so I will be glad to see Halo 5 edge ahead of TLOUR at some point.

That's not how Amazon works. If that was the basis, then Amazon would've already lost it's track record. April had a PS4 bundle on top, one position higher than the highest XBO bundle, but the XBO had another SKU a couple of positions down. Normally however, the winning SKU has been dominating so much that nothing else has mattered, but in this situation the Halo V bundle isn't way ahead of the PS4 bundles (I mean, it's still behind one of them in the monthlies).

And I still think the PS4 will win the month, by 30-40k, like I predicted after the pricecut was announced.

In April, the 2 Xb one skus were within 3 positions of the one PS4 sku so it was very clear that those 2 Xb one skus combined put Xb one ahead of PS4 in the monthly charts. The way things are headedthis month Halo 5 and the top PS4 sku may end up fairly close, but there will be daylight between those 2 skus and the next PS4 sku, so it won't be an April sort of situation. I expect Halo 5 to end in the top 20 for the month TLOUR may also make the top 20 but that is less likely and I don't think the NDC will climb all that much despite its recent good fortune at the expense of TLOUR going out of stock.

If I was to try to predict final rankings I would say Halo 5 16 or 17. TLOUR 20-21. NDC 27-28. For me that puts Halo 5 definitely ahead and factoring in Aug and Sept pre-orders it puts it well ahead. giving Xb one the win. Of course that is subject to Halo 5 staying at 10 or better for the at least up to 48 hours before official Halo 5 game launch. If Halo 5 drops substantially over the next few days then that changes things entirely. I don;t expect that to happen though, because the bundle did not drop after the delivery on 20 October guarantee ended and indeed its hourly rank has gone up since then. I think once an item hits the top 10, more than likely it will have a significant influence on its movement in the monthly rankings, especially as we head into the holidays with sales of items generally on an upward trend. So top 10 in the hourlies now probably represents more absolute sales than top 10 on 1 October (or 6 Oct which is when the NPD month starts).  I think the monthly update that incorporates a few day's worth of Halo 5 as the top sku will be when we start getting a true picture of how the month is likely to end.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

2 hours since my last update:

#11 XB1 Halo Bundle (down 1)*
#17 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)*
#31 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (down 1)
#41 PS4 TLOUR Bundle (down 5)*
#54 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 7)
#73 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 5)
#83 XB1 Forza Bundle (up 5)*
#94 PS4 Destiny Bundle (down 4)*

*Affects this month

PS4 - 7 bundles, 6 in the top 100
XB1 - 9 bundles, 2 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

some childish stuff happened here, but this month will be really close. Also $300 bone is a steal.

jason1637 said:
some childish stuff happened here, but this month will be really close. Also $300 bone is a steal.

That's at Dell on Black Friday, in November. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
BraLoD said:
Monthly is still too much favorable to PS4.
Pre-orders from Aug/Sep or another good boost when the game comes will have to make up for it.

Have you any idea how Amazon deal with new bundles? It's allowing me to access the Nathan Drake + Guitar Hero Bundle but it's not showing any position.

Those types of bundles are different, they are treated seperately, the individual items go up the rank, Nathan Drake Bundle goes up and the Guitar Hero Bundle goes up. Think of it as shipping two individual items together.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Halo bundle going down while the Uncharted bundle is moving back up.Uncharted bundle should be above it by the morning.

Abun said:
Halo bundle going down while the Uncharted bundle is moving back up.Uncharted bundle should be above it by the morning.

Which makes sense since the game doesn't become playable for another week. You can pre download it now but that's it. I'm sure it'll see another surge by Tuesday when the game goes on sale and becomes playable. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Abun said:

Which makes sense since the game doesn't become playable for another week. You can pre download it now but that's it. I'm sure it'll see another surge by Tuesday when the game goes on sale and becomes playable. 

I doubt it will get another surge since people know the game does not come out for a week (stupid for MS to release the bundle before the game,what's the point) and the surge came from most of the people that wanted to buy it.If the console was in high demand than most people would buy it when it releaes since it is limited and they would not want to miss it.

Amazon will be pretty useless for the rest of this month with best buy and GameStop new trade in promotions.

Both are offering $100-150 toward a new xb1/ps4 I believe with trade of 360/PS3.