By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has Nintendo Gone to Far With DLC.

Has Nintendo gone to far with dlc?

Yes 48 21.43%

No 109 48.66%

aniibos are overpriced 31 13.84%

Maybe 20 8.93%

Other 4 1.79%

Nintendo is the new EA! 12 5.36%

Total:224
Kallumsmarties said:
Smash 4 has a load of Mii costumes and then a bunch of different packs with them all together so I doubt there is 75 different kinds of DLC. Amiibo and Smash are the only 2 things where I feel they might have got a little bit too far, but apart from that Nintendo's been pretty good and the whole "they are the next EA" is just silly. Just an insult people seem to be using whenever a company does a load of DLC and they don't like it. Again apart from them 2, Nintendo's done DLC pretty well.

Mario Karts DLC was done well but does nintendo really need all those outfits in smash? Its insane how much there is and about the packs there are only like 3 or 4 of them.

Around the Network

not even close,no

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

gatito said:
Some of that Smash DLC is like 20 cents anyway. Mario Kart 8's DLC packs are the best priced this gen. And Amiibo isn't a good example of that since you can just borrow them to unlock the content.

Ya'll tried though.

But you can only save 1 amiibo to one game.

Amiibos are the worst. Wouldn't be so bad if you could actually find the amiibos you wanted, but it's just ridiculous at this point

I'd say they went a little overboard with the Smash DLC.

All that costume DLC seems rather silly, and I'm somewhat skeptical on the fact that stages cost money.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Only with Smash Bros 4, and even there, the standalone game is already one of the most complete fighter games ever done, so is not like you need to buy anything more.

StarOcean said:
Amiibos are the worst. Wouldn't be so bad if you could actually find the amiibos you wanted, but it's just ridiculous at this point

Hey, do you want Robin or Lucina in your party in FE: Fates?

Good luck getting them, unles you're willing to import/pay a pretty penny.

Thank god I have most of the amiibos, but I swear, the fact that some amiibos lock behind content is what makes the whole rarity thing an issue. 

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I still find the complains about amiibo really absurd, there is not a single game where they unlock anything significant at all outside Mario Party X and even there is completely lame, I dont buy amiibo and I didn´t feel the need to buy any amiibo for any particular feature at all in all this time, yet I only see people complaining because aparently is fundamental that you are able to dress your mii like Kirby in MK8 .

As long as nintendo dont start makeing Mobile Phone games, pay2win style.
(need extra life to beat that mario level? that ll be 0.1$ )

I wouldn't say they went too far with Smash. It's still a complete game without any DLC. And the DLC that is offered isn't the kind that ruins multiplayer or anything, it's just cosmetic stuff. And in pretty much all of the other games I've seen (though I haven't played Awakening yet), it's been pretty good too. I mean, MK8's DLC packs? New Super Luigi U? Pretty damn good in this day and age.

The amiibos could get out of hand, though. Right now it's not too bad, but I could easily see those being taken too far if Nintendo gets greedy.