By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has Nintendo Gone to Far With DLC.

Has Nintendo gone to far with dlc?

Yes 48 21.43%

No 109 48.66%

aniibos are overpriced 31 13.84%

Maybe 20 8.93%

Other 4 1.79%

Nintendo is the new EA! 12 5.36%

Total:224
Samus Aran said:

Same price as Skylanders and Disney Infinity toys, cheaper than Lego Dimensions. They're just following the industry standard.

All of them are crazy overpriced, just because someone else is doing it does not mean Nintendo gets a free pass

Around the Network
rolltide101x said:
Samus Aran said:

Same price as Skylanders and Disney Infinity toys, cheaper than Lego Dimensions. They're just following the industry standard.

All of them are crazy overpriced, just because someone else is doing it does not mean Nintendo gets a free pass

Not at all, have you seen how expensive this kind of toys for fans uses to be?? Not only from videogames, also from comics, from board games, from films, etc etc they are really expensive when they are well done, in fact amiibo is pretty cheap for the quality (that is clearly higher than skylanders and DI btw) what happens here is that Nintendo is doing it and is a hobby to complain about everything they do, those figurines are far from overpriced when you see the standart of the market, that is all that matters to say if its cheap or expensive, not your personal perception.

I have no problems with either smash or amiibos, in fact i think both were awesome ways of dealing with DLC. I do believe that eventually amiibo will cross the line, but not yet.

Awakening on the other hand, is just too expensive and holds too much behind a paywall ...