By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is your personal most hyped/anticipated console launch ever?

Which console launch did you feel the most excited for?

SNES 6 4.17%

N64 11 7.64%

Saturn 3 2.08%

Dreamcast 10 6.94%

PS1 2 1.39%

PS2 30 20.83%

Gamecube 13 9.03%

Xbox 360 9 6.25%

Wii 23 15.97%

PS4 37 25.69%

Total:144

I said dreamcast

Around the Network

My answer would have to be the PS3. Back in 2005/2006 I was so damn happy with my PS2 so it made sense for me to be excited for the PS3! The launch was less than stellar though.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Mike321 said:
I don´t know but I just want to say you are right, one piece IS the greatest thing that ever happend to mankind

One piece is a shitty anime. 

OP: Sad that I'm not even old enough to remember the 6th gen console launches. I guess I'll go with the 360. I was like 12 at the time. Had my dad (who left family shortly after *sad story* lol) wait in line at like 1am until the Best Buy opened to get it. Was surprised when I recieved it on my birthday on the 23rd. 

Call of Duty 2 was dope online. Kameo was decent. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

I've never been hyped for a console launch.

Definitely Gamecube. Graphics were amazing rogue squadron looked so good. I have not been really hyped for a console since then because I only get Nintendo consoles and they never seem to be a step up technologically anymore. It is hard to get hyped up to buy a new controller you know? Hopefully NX will change that but I am alot older now so I doubt I will ever get that same excitement.

Around the Network

hype - the Nintendo revolution at that time, but i didn't follow through and didn't bought it day 1. i'm really surprised it was a huge success. bought the wii only around 2009/2010 and several co-workers bought it as well. :)

ps3-sales! said:

Mike321 said:

One piece is a shitty anime

Gotta disagree with you on that. I recently started watching it this summer, and collecting the funimation season sets, and so far I'm up to the skypiea arc and it has been an absolute joy to watch so far. Even my fiance loves it. Yes it's very wacky at times but when it's serious omg!

BraLoD said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Gotta disagree with you on that. I recently started watching it this summer, and collecting the funimation season sets, and so far I'm up to the skypiea arc and it has been an absolute joy to watch so far. Even my fiance loves it. Yes it's very wacky at times but when it's serious omg!

It'll get SO much better.
The arcs after Skypea get really, really good.

I know. I've occasionally watched clips and amvs of it over the years. Don't know what happened though, earlier this summer, I just got to love it and went on a buying streak, bought several figures and statues, and season sets. 

I know enis lobby, water seven are big arcs I've heard. Can't wait to catch up to the newew episodes though. I've seen some spectacular fight scenes in the amvs I've watched over the years. 

But I don't wanna derail the thread into a ONE piece thread lol :) 

UltimateGamer1982 said:

I recently started watching it this summer, and collecting the funimation season sets, and so far I'm up to the skypiea arc and it has been an absolute joy to watch so far. Even my fiance loves it. Yes it's very wacky at times but when it's serious omg!

LOL then you better not looking at my avatar, huge spoiler for ya

Ka-pi96 said:
PS4. Only console I've ever got at launch so it was the only launch I've ever been hyped for.

This