By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is your personal most hyped/anticipated console launch ever?

Which console launch did you feel the most excited for?

SNES 6 4.17%

N64 11 7.64%

Saturn 3 2.08%

Dreamcast 10 6.94%

PS1 2 1.39%

PS2 30 20.83%

Gamecube 13 9.03%

Xbox 360 9 6.25%

Wii 23 15.97%

PS4 37 25.69%

Total:144

Bored at work right now and got to thinking about all the console launches over the years I've experienced and which ones I anticipated the most. 

Mine is undoubtedly the PS2 as back in 2000 you couldn't escape it. It was everywhere, magazine ads, signs and posters in funcoland, target, the evening news, you name it. 

So with that said, which system launch stands out in your mind as the most hyped/anticipated one in your gaming life? 

Around the Network

I don´t know but I just want to say you are right, one piece IS the greatest thing that ever happend to mankind

SNES

Ps2, lost sleep over that machine

Wii. And with Twilight Princess being a launch title, I was definitely not disappointed.

Around the Network
Mike321 said:
I don´t know but I just want to say you are right, one piece IS the greatest thing that ever happend to mankind

Absolutely.

OT: Probably the 3DS. I was very interested in the features, especially the concept of AR and AR cards especially. If Konami wasn't stupid. They would be swimming in Yu-Gi-Oh money. 

Never bought systems at launch really so I'm not sure. I only was there when 7th gen launched since I'm too young. My most hyped console launch was probably the Vita, I honestly thought it could sell a lot, a shame it was such a let down in sales but I still love it..

Bman54 said:
Wii. And with Twilight Princess being a launch title, I was definitely not disappointed.

Same here!

PS4 because it was the first system I was getting with my own money.

Also, the only system I've ever bought at launch

Wii

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."