By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is your personal most hyped/anticipated console launch ever?

Which console launch did you feel the most excited for?

SNES 6 4.17%

N64 11 7.64%

Saturn 3 2.08%

Dreamcast 10 6.94%

PS1 2 1.39%

PS2 30 20.83%

Gamecube 13 9.03%

Xbox 360 9 6.25%

Wii 23 15.97%

PS4 37 25.69%

Total:144

Never bought one at launch but PS1, PS3, PS4 launch were highly anticipated

Around the Network

I never bough consoles at launch until the 7th gen, so I was probably the 3DS. :P PS4 and Wii U got me hyped too.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Nothing will beat Wii. It was so futuristic and magical and awesome, and Twilight Princess was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

PS4

Nothing in this industry will ever match the launch hype of the PS2. We've never seen anything like it before. It was on a level all it's own (for those who weren't around back then).

Around the Network

Probably the Wii. There was so much hype for that about it being the future of gaming and Wii sports/Zelda relight princess where awesome games.

The PS2 is the only console I've ever bought on launch, after having saved up for it as a teenager.

NXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX <----- The amount of NX threads in here are rising my Hype level for it.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The PS2. I reserved mine a year in advance and made payments every month toward my pre-order it and SSX. It is hard to explain going from Coolboarders to SSX just how massive that leap felt. It really made me think anything was possible in gaming. I doubt anything will every hit that point of "Holy! Games can look like that!?" feeling.

PS2. And anyone alive back then would have to agree. I never saw anything like it. People were camping out. There were news stories about how powerful it was (basically a cheap super computer that could launch missiles. I'm not kidding.). I had a friend that worked at Wal Mart. I sent him to work with the money. He came back home with the money. They were totally unprepared for the chaos that night.

I never felt the hype for a console like that and really, never felt that level of excitement ever again. I could always get any console at launch (except Wii--but I didn't want one at launch. It became awesome after launch.)