By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Video games ARE sexist, claims Uncharted 4 star Nolan 'Nathan Drake' North

Do you think videogames are sexist?

Yes 17 8.81%

Yes and thank god for that! 22 11.40%

No 45 23.32%

Some of them 39 20.21%

Everything is sexist nowadays 70 36.27%

Total:193

- Nolan North who voices lots of characters in videogames but is better known for voicing Nathan Drake in the Uncharted series said in an exclusive interview for Mirror Online the following about videogames being sexist:

"For a long time, games were just, you could call it, sexist," said the father-of-two.

"It was just business, because what happens when teenage boys are your main audience?"

"You design big, badass superheroes and women with big boobs and bikinis."

- But he thinks that videogames will get better with time as he said:

"Gamers used to be kids, stoned in the basement with their earbuds in, jamming out to rock music and playing video games,"

"But as players get older, they are expecting better material."

He pointed to the redesign of Tomb Raider star Lara Croft as evidence sexism is "getting better".

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/video-games-sexist-claims-uncharted-6494017

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Yup its getting better

Oh god, the Social Justice Warriors got him

Hahaha lol

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I am sick of this agenda and the people who push it. Funny thing is though, when its time to cos play what style of woman do female gamers tend to portray?

Its the "Video game" industry. Fuck all that social  correctness shit.

Around the Network
Xxain said:

I am sick of this agenda and the people who push it. Funny thing is though, when its time to cos play what style of woman do female gamers tend to portray?

Its the "Video game" industry. Fuck all that social  correctness shit.

^ that.

I mean, yeah, a lot are. Women in video games are never shown wearing armor comparable to their male counterparts. They are almost always wearing less. Other than that, I wouldn't say most games are overtly sexist, but it's definitely still there.

lolwat

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I just want more games to be sexist against men.

Come on ND, make it happen with UC4!

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

"But as players get older, they are expecting better material."

He pointed to the redesign of Tomb Raider star Lara Croft as evidence sexism is "getting better".

Well, factually, he's not really wrong here. I found a lot of people prefer the new Lara Croft. Also, there were a lot people dissapointed in Quiet's depiction recently. Don't really care though. His opinion and observation.

"Gamers used to be kids, stoned in the basement with their earbuds in, jamming out to rock music and playing video games,"

This is the kind of type of thing that really infurates me. This is really generalizing gamers in such a negative light that its really hard for most gamers to actually see eye to eye with what he or anyone says.