By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Video games ARE sexist, claims Uncharted 4 star Nolan 'Nathan Drake' North

Do you think videogames are sexist?

Yes 17 8.81%

Yes and thank god for that! 22 11.40%

No 45 23.32%

Some of them 39 20.21%

Everything is sexist nowadays 70 36.27%

Total:193

I don't quite agree. There are some overkills with female characters out there, and some totally sexist games, but in general, I haven't noticed there to be a larger trend of sexist video games. Yes, there are some female characters that seem almost too sexy for the situation they're in. But for every such female character, there's one or more equally unfitting male characters to balance it out.

Around the Network

From the article:

"It also suggested just 9% of games showcased at this year's E3 show exclusively featured male protagonists."

Now take into account that an estimated 9 to 10 percent of the male population in the world is gay. Coincidence?

So to make games less sexist we hide the fact women have boobs? That... makes sense...

Lara crofts redesign involves her covering up more. Such sad affair when a game is or isn't sexist based on how much skin is being shown. Women have skin and boobs, and real women sometimes dress sexy because they want to, not because a modern patriarchal western society tells them too.

Why the fuck is everyone in the industry senseless except the real gamers?!

fireburn95 said:
So to make games less sexist we hide the fact women have boobs? That... makes sense...

Lara crofts redesign involves her covering up more. Such sad affair when a game is or isn't sexist based on how much skin is being shown. Women have skin and boobs, and real women sometimes dress sexy because they want to, not because a modern patriarchal western society tells them too.

Why the fuck is everyone in the industry senseless except the real gamers?!

Because gamers already have a hobby, meaning they don't get bored enough to worry about this kind of thing. :-p

I hope we soon play with naked avatars.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Danman27 said:
I mean, yeah, a lot are. Women in video games are never shown wearing armor comparable to their male counterparts. They are almost always wearing less. Other than that, I wouldn't say most games are overtly sexist, but it's definitely still there.

And you like it that way don't deny it, or would you rather play with a chubby Tomb Raider or a thin Marcus fenix or imagine God of war have less female formed women with kratos who skipped the gym as much as me. It would look dumb since sexism is part of games and bare naked women and overly muscled man belong in that picture.

I never said that I wanted my characters to have "normal" physiques. That wouldn't even make sense, given most do a lot physical activity. I'm saying it's kinda dumb in Mass effect how that guys wear legit armor, and then the girls essentially wear latex body suits. 

Darwinianevolution said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Angelus said:
I'm starting to get really tired of the word sexism

OI! That's sexist, get on your knees and bow to femenists, now! You lowly male you! jk

You forgot to tell him to check his privilege XD

Here:

They just bloody nailed it with this one.

StarOcean said:
Oh god, the Social Justice Warriors got him

Indeed Star-Sensei. It seems that ever since Anita burst onto the scene, the "Social Justice Warrior Revolution" has been going on full force.

I just miss the days when video gaming was nothing more than a form of escapism meant to be enjoyed for what it provided as opposed towards dissecting appearances and tendencies based on gender.  

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Itagaki disapproves. 

I'm more bothered by his generalization on gamers. So he thinks the stereotype is real? Not a smart thing to say when a lot of his fanbase are gamers.

Pavolink said:
Where do this come?

He's Larry Croft, the fan-made male equivalent of Lara Croft. 

Here's some more!

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread