By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Vs Destiny: which one is the better game?

Which one do you think is the better game?

Halo 302 59.57%

Destiny 155 30.57%

I don't like either 50 9.86%

Total:507

Halo for me, just has more to offer.

Around the Network

Halo by far

#1 Amb-ass-ador

I love Destiny much more. I tried some Halo hack in the days, but it's just too linear and boring.
I love that in Destiny I can upgrade my character, the choice of weapons and armor, so many different missions, quests and patrols, a large variety of enemies.
In Halo it's just Here's a gun, there are some aliens, shoot at them, next chapter, here's the same gun again, boring turn off, goodbye.

I put more gametime in Destiny this week than in all.Halos combined.

Destiny has the potential to be great as Halo, but its not.

Destiny's story is a mess, the campaign is boring, and PvP is unbalanced. Frankly, Destiny is a Halo clone without soul and lacks what makes Halo games notable. That doesn't mean Destiny is a bad game, Bungie just needs to try harder next time.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Halo is way better than destiny imo

Around the Network
Burek said:
I love Destiny much more. I tried some Halo hack in the days, but it's just too linear and boring.
I love that in Destiny I can upgrade my character, the choice of weapons and armor, so many different missions, quests and patrols, a large variety of enemies.
In Halo it's just Here's a gun, there are some aliens, shoot at them, next chapter, here's the same gun again, boring turn off, goodbye.

I think you just like RPGs. I recommend you play Borderlands.

The gameplay in Halo is better. But if you enjoy doing the same missions over and over again hoping to get some random loot, Destiny is great for that I guess.

One last thing... a large variety of weapons and armor doesn't mean much when they feel the same. The weapons in Borderlands on the otherhand feel very different. Destiny does not have a large variety of enemies either.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I never played Destiny but Halo is great. I have a friend at work that swears by it, though. He could talk about Destiny for twelve hours straight. I assume it's a great game. I don't like how it was marketed. Turned me off right from the beginning.

Halo is the game of games.

Versus_Evil said:
Neodegenerate said:

Destiny doesn't lack content it lacks a cohesive narrative.  At least get your Troll-facts straight.

I put 300+ hrs into destiny to know how much content it lacks. Sarcasm > Trolling.

Ahh, forgive me for not seeing the oh so obvious sarcasm there.

Mr Puggsly said:
Burek said:

I think you just like RPGs. I recommend you play Borderlands.

The gameplay in Halo is better. But if you enjoy doing the same missions over and over again hoping to get some random loot, Destiny is great for that I guess.

One last thing... a large variety of weapons and armor doesn't mean much when they feel the same. The weapons in Borderlands on the otherhand feel very different. Destiny does not have a large variety of enemies either.

I love Borderlands, one of my favorite franchises. Better than Destiny for sure.

The problem is that the title asks which is better, yet the OP asks which I like better. So I answered which I like better.

I mean, it is slightly boring to reaplay same missions, but at least I can choose different characters and loadouts, in Halo you are just stuck with what you're allowed to have.But again, all linear FPS bore me to death due to all the restrictions.

SO: BORDERLANDS>>>>>>>>>>>>Destiny>>>Halo