By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 15 minutes gameplay from Rise of the Tomb Raider

d21lewis said:

It's replies like these that make it so hard for women to succeed in today's world. This game is being scrutinized hard!

I predict a Meta of high 80s and low 90s. Also, looks like my personal GotY 2015.

You watch a gameplay video, that shows animation issues (warping/jerky) main character, that has a glitch with a person shes strangeling that goes invisible.

You see multiple exsamples of really bad A.I , and some pretty poorly made stealth mechanics.

And you think the game is worth a 90 rateing on meta crits?

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
d21lewis said:

It's replies like these that make it so hard for women to succeed in today's world. This game is being scrutinized hard!

I predict a Meta of high 80s and low 90s. Also, looks like my personal GotY 2015.

You watch a gameplay video, that shows animation issues (warping/jerky) main character, that has a glitch with a person shes strangeling that goes invisible.

You see multiple exsamples of really bad A.I , and some pretty poorly made stealth mechanics.

You watch a gameplay video that shows an option for a game to also go through the game with stealth mechanics and which doesn't feature worse AI than many, many games out there but you doubt it gets high scores.

Well, I know a game where this is an option:

with a metascore of 93.

walsufnir said:
JRPGfan said:

You watch a gameplay video that shows an option for a game to also go through the game with stealth mechanics and which doesn't feature worse AI than many, many games out there but you doubt it gets high scores.

with a metascore of 93.

Thats like intentionally bad, so its funny.

Also it adds something new to the game, more complexity and differnt way to solve issues.

JRPGfan said:
walsufnir said:

with a metascore of 93.

Also it adds something new to the game, more complexity and differnt way to solve issues.

Yes, Metal Gear was always known for especially good AI, sure ;)

JRPGfan said:
d21lewis said:

I own MGSV.  Just putting that out there.

We'll see what the score is. Maybe I'm wrong.

*edit* didn't see the other post mentioning MGSV. I'll elaborate: I own that game and I've encountered a few glitches. I haven't even played it much.  It got a high score. If this game ends up garbage, I'll eat my words.

I'm not here to "white Knight" the game or Xbox One. I just post my honest opinion. I love and hate games from any company. I've been playing Tomb Raider since the first one on PS1 (I own ALL of the games in the series that aren't on portable).  I own TR 2013 for every console. I like what I like.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
JRPGfan said:

Yes, Metal Gear was always known for especially good AI, sure ;)

You're comparing a good old Kojima's joke (part of the MGS series for something like 15 years) to soldiers being unable to shoot straight, see the main character, toss a grenade in the right direction or anything someone with a functional brain should be able to do... That's not the same thing at all. If you want to show bad AI in MGS, show us a situation where the AI is as bad as this gameplay footage. 

But I'm pretty sure that in MGS, if you try to strangle a soldier while his buddies are shooting at you, you won't be able to go kill them with your knife afterwards, while being still shot at (didn't play MGSV yet, but it wasn't the case in Ground Zeroes or previous MGS...). 

I'm not saying that all other games have perfect AI, just that your comparison is wrong here. 

JRPGfan said:
d21lewis said:

Last of US has dismal stealth and AI mechanics and thats on 90+ on metacrtic.

I saw nothing in this gameplay that was any worse than TLOU. 

Lol this has turned into into a fan war.
To people defending the game. You guys have to admit that this video is bad specially if you consider it is two months away to be released.
To people killing the game, there were videos at E3 and gamescom that showed potentiel for this game. So this video is bad, but there were 2 good one before it.

riecsou said:
Lol this has turned into into a fan war.
To people defending the game. You guys have to admit that this video is bad specially if you consider it is two months away to be released.
To people killing the game, there were videos at E3 and gamescom that showed potentiel for this game. So this video is bad, but there were 2 good one before it.

I have hope in this game even tho i dont own a X1.

I believe the extra year will be worth it.

walsufnir said:
DakonBlackblade said:

I dont mean this as a bad thing since I loved the last Tomb raider, but this looks exactly like the last Tomb Raider with improved graphics, it doesnt seen like they changed anything at all.

Why do people only say this for Tomb Raider but not for other games? The whole gen mostly only means better graphics/visuals. New gameplay? Where is it?

I honestly dont say this for Tomb Raider only, I say that a lot, and I dont think thats necessarely a bad thing, if the original formula is good by all means stick to it, but some ppl find issue in it and in this games case it seen like theyre sticking 100% to the original formula. I know Ill love the game but expect lots of complains, specialy on reviews about lack of originality.