Forums - Gaming Discussion - 15 minutes gameplay from Rise of the Tomb Raider

Hopefully they'll fix it before it gets released on PS4 next year. I'll get it at some point in the future, but with it coming out the same day as Fallout 4, i'm guessing alot of people will be buying Fallout 4 instead.

Around the Network

Woah...I was looking forward to this game :-O But there are some real problems especially with some animations, effects and the AI. Hopefully it is an older build since the release is less than 2 months away. Otherwise they shouldn't release it in this state or only slightly better state...but they will either way.

is this the 360 or xb1 version?

that AI is atrocious, simply horrific. i also dislike the double jump. i know its for gameplay purposes and its not supposed to be realistic, but come on, i feel they are pushing it a bit with it. it looks ridiculous at times.

the game seems decent, not great honestly.

walsufnir said:
Angelv577 said:

Only graphics I guess.  It plays like the definitive edition which left me dissapointed.

So it's like many, many other games this gen?

So that should justify it?.  I can perfectly see a difference in gameplay between uncharted 3 and 4 and not just gameplay but textures, animations, etc.  Cant say the same about TR.  Its obvious its last gen roots.  Also its apropriate to say that TR 2013 game as a whole left me  dissapointed which I am sure graphics alone wont fix that in this game.  It looks good texture wise but the rest is more of the same.

It's replies like these that make it so hard for women to succeed in today's world. This game is being scrutinized hard!

I predict a Meta of high 80s and low 90s. Also, looks like my personal GotY 2015.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
It's replies like these that make it so hard for women to succeed in today's world. This game is being scrutinized hard!

I predict a meets of high 80s and low 90s. Also, looks like my personal GotY 2015.

Wait, what?  O_O

Faelco said:
d21lewis said:

I predict a meets of high 80s and low 90s. Also, looks like my personal GotY 2015.

Wait, what?  O_O

Joking!  But when a game that's obviously of quality is being described as "horrendous" and "atrocious", it raises my eyebrow.  Hell, it raises both my eyebrows!  It's like when we do one of those " Worst games of all times " lists and somebody always says "Call of Duty" or "Halo".  I'm like seriously?  I can understand if you don't like it but clearly you see it's not a bad game!  Makes me wonder what kind of games these people DO like.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

I *LOOOVED* the Tomb Raider reboot.

This is one money hat that i fucking hate.

Mummelmann said:
AI is still ridiculously bad. Even though I still enjoy Tomb Raider from 2013, I still don't understand why they've made the franchise into something it's not. Why not come up with a new setting and protagonist instead, it's not TR fans of old will run to the store to buy an Uncharted clone just because it features Lara Croft.
The games are okay but the franchise has been warped and essentially become useless in light of the past titles and their focus; I spent perhaps 2% of my time in actual tombs in the last game, it's kind of like naming the Indiana Jones franchise "University Professor Simulator".

Yeah, SE had no respect for original fans, they just took the name of TR and Lara Croft and used them to market something that has nothing in common with actual Tomb Raider games.

Even Bethesda tried to make Fallout 3 somewhat true to originals and not to piss on fans too much (they're just inherently incompetent when it comes to nuances, so one can't really blame them too much for not fully succeeding) - but SE and CD just highjacked IP and shat on legacy of 9 previous games.

...looks like I'll be sticking with the goofy twin stick shooters for future TR releases.