By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 15 minutes gameplay from Rise of the Tomb Raider

Looks good!

Around the Network
Protendo said:

Nice facial animations. the other animations are inconsistant, and please change the snow effect please. They have plenty of time to fix these things, as it's going to be a while until I pick it up. There are just to many games atm.

They made great efforts on the animation systems in the cut scenes (however the writer is the same)... The animations in the game itself are not impressive, you see enemies poping in and out of view for some reason, this should have been fixed by now, but it could be fixed by the time it releases? I honestly would wait a 1 week or 2 before getting the game, not just for the reviews to be out there, but this would be the time it takes for possible game breaking bug related information to spread around properly... there has been rumors of this game going through some development hell a few months back, this is not a good sign.

Anyway, I'll see how it runs on PC or PS4 at some point.

Day One still

Don't like the first, won't like the second. This is not a 'believable' strong (female) character. Thinking back, playing Tomb Raider in the 90s, Lara had this stern expression on her face. Yea, i know, the graphics, no facial animation and bla. Still, you could see and feel that she has a strong unyielding character. Now she looks and acts more like the dumb but sexy broad in a bad teenie slasher who gets from softy to toughie in under one movie minute. Uncreative, incoherent, boring.

Hunting Season is done...

After reading the comments, I was like "man some harsh comments here" but as I was watching the video, I was like "ok they better fix those things". Is this game being release also on the Xbox 360? If yes then that is an error in my opinion. But I saw the video and gameplay at E3, I also saw the gameplay at Gamescon. Those were good quality videos. I really don't know what to think about this game after seeing this video cause the previous one were actually goo.

Around the Network

I'm so glad I wasn't a fan of the first tomb raider. My brother loved it though and is so pissed about this not being on playstation at launch.

He will be happy to know that this is more of the same. I will give this series another go because I don't think I gave the reboot a fare shake.
Is it coming for pc aswell? I don't really like waiting on releases.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

d21lewis said:
Man, seems like only people that aren't Xbox owners are commenting and what they're saying isn't nice. Me, on the other hand--I want it and I'll be buying it on day one. Heck, I preordered!

Maybe it's because some Xbox owners are too afraid to say anything bad about it since it's coming on Xbox One first.  Just saying.

I don't see any TR game in that video, just another crappy impostor with the same name.

/end my usual post TR Reboot anger rant

LivingMetal said:
d21lewis said:
Man, seems like only people that aren't Xbox owners are commenting and what they're saying isn't nice. Me, on the other hand--I want it and I'll be buying it on day one. Heck, I preordered!

Maybe it's because some Xbox owners are too afraid to say anything bad about it since it's coming on Xbox One first.  Just saying.

I only posted what I observed with my own two eyes. Your post might very well be true.  I cannot prove our disprove it.

I dont mean this as a bad thing since I loved the last Tomb raider, but this looks exactly like the last Tomb Raider with improved graphics, it doesnt seen like they changed anything at all.