By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 15 minutes gameplay from Rise of the Tomb Raider

Bokal said:
What did they improve from the previous one? I honestly would have said it was on 360/PS3

It is a 360 game,which is why it is not leap forward and more of the same (issues).

Around the Network
Bokal said:
What did they improve from the previous one? I honestly would have said it was on 360/PS3

Only graphics I guess.  It plays like the definitive edition which left me dissapointed.

It does look really similar to the first game, only with more snow now. I will wait for the Definitive edition without the bugs and some DLC :)

Anyone else catch that glitch at 3;15? LOL! The enemy disappeared after she grabbed him.This game seems rushed and it looks average.

Gameplay looks very solid and smooth and visually it's gorgeous. I can see fans of "hardcore" stealth gameplay being disappointed but to me this kind a stealth is fine. It seems you can also shoot your way through which is good but hopefully you can adjust difficulty, now it seems too easy. 3rd person mechanics and physics seem to be great!

I did catch them glitches like enemy disappearing but it's nothing gamebreaking. Even witcher 3 had stuff like this and it didn't bother me at all. Overall it looks polished.

Around the Network

The "stealth" looks so bland and scripted. Some routes seem too linear too, just like on the original reboot.

I did enjoy it, but this one seems to keep the same mistakes. The graphics also are inconsistent: sometimes it looks amazing, sometimes it looks like a cross gen game.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

d21lewis said:
Man, seems like only people that aren't Xbox owners are commenting and what they're saying isn't nice. Me, on the other hand--I want it and I'll be buying it on day one. Heck, I preordered!

Of course they do :) I like what I've seen so far! TR 2013 was a wonderful game and this looks like it's going to be even better. Comments would most likely be different if it wasn't a timed exclusive.

Angelv577 said:
Bokal said:

Only graphics I guess.  It plays like the definitive edition which left me dissapointed.

So it's like many, many other games this gen?

DakonBlackblade said:

I dont mean this as a bad thing since I loved the last Tomb raider, but this looks exactly like the last Tomb Raider with improved graphics, it doesnt seen like they changed anything at all.

Why do people only say this for Tomb Raider but not for other games? The whole gen mostly only means better graphics/visuals. New gameplay? Where is it?

walsufnir said:
d21lewis said:
Man, seems like only people that aren't Xbox owners are commenting and what they're saying isn't nice. Me, on the other hand--I want it and I'll be buying it on day one. Heck, I preordered!

Of course they do :) I like what I've seen so far! TR 2013 was a wonderful game and this looks like it's going to be even better. Comments would most likely be different if it wasn't a timed exclusive.

Not really, no... I was bored while playing the TR reboot and found it pretty bad, and it wasn't a timed exclusive, was it? 

Timed exclusive or not... A glitch is a glitch (and the guy disappearing is a huge glitch in a non open world game...), a non-existent "stealth" is still non-existent, strangling someone while being shot at is ridiculous, and then run to the other guy to kill him with one hit is even more ridiculous. The AI is as bad as ever. I talked about the "bow" (I'm nice to call it like that) in another thread. That video could be a DLC of the first one and nobody would see an issue about that, it's the same recipe that bored last time after 2 hours of exactly the same sequences, same gunfights, same climbing, etc... Like I said months ago, it was a 2 hours game copied and pasted to turn it into a 10 hours game. It seems to be the same thing here.