By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Anyone Else See What Phil Spencer Is Trying To Do?

GribbleGrunger said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Are you posting this as news or trying to direct the thread into an specific discussion? I ask because it was posted before:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=208275&page=1

If you want to create a discussion on the possible intentions behind what Spencer said, then I'd say Spencer's words, that that incite discussion on a PS4 price drop or lack of it for the West, won't have effects beyond that of creating more wood for uneventful internet console battles in the console war that have barely any repercussions at all in the great scheme of things, specially now that we are so into the console gen.

Well, maybe news interviewers will keep asking Sony people about the price drop and that may be annoying for them if they don't want to talk about it.

More along the lines of a discussion based on what he's trying to do here rather than the article itself. I find this unacceptable. Business is business but to try and create a lull in sales by suggesting your opposition is likely to announce a price drop at the Paris Games Week is below the belt. It might not have a huge effect but this is exactly what he's doing here.

Well theres a chance that there will eb a price cut at paris game week and hes telling peopel to wait an buy it til then, so they can save money. Whats wrong with that?

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

Well theres a chance that there will eb a price cut at paris game week and hes telling peopel to wait an buy it til then, so they can save money. Whats wrong with that?

Are you being serious? You think there's nothing wrong with the exec of the opposing console to tell people not to buy their console yet?  And you think he's doing it to save people money? LOL.

It's not about whether there will or will not be a price drop, it's about standards, and MS have sunk below the acceptable standards twice now. Once when Phil tried to suggest Sony are buying exclusivity and now this.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Are you posting this as news or trying to direct the thread into an specific discussion? I ask because it was posted before:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=208275&page=1

If you want to create a discussion on the possible intentions behind what Spencer said, then I'd say Spencer's words, that that incite discussion on a PS4 price drop or lack of it for the West, won't have effects beyond that of creating more wood for uneventful internet console battles in the console war that have barely any repercussions at all in the great scheme of things, specially now that we are so into the console gen.

Well, maybe news interviewers will keep asking Sony people about the price drop and that may be annoying for them if they don't want to talk about it.

More along the lines of a discussion based on what he's trying to do here rather than the article itself. I find this unacceptable. Business is business but to try and create a lull in sales by suggesting your opposition is likely to announce a price drop at the Paris Games Week is below the belt. It might not have a huge effect but this is exactly what he's doing here.

You should put this in the OP. Otherwise the OP is pretty much the same as in the other thread.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:

You should put this in the OP. Otherwise the OP is pretty much the same as in the other thread.

Fair enough. Done.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
jason1637 said:

Are you being serious? You think there's nothing wrong with the exec of the opposing console to tell people not to buy their console yet?  And you think he's doing it to save people money? LOL.

It's not about whether there will or will not be a price drop, it's about standards, and MS have sunk below the acceptable standards twice now. Once when Phil tried to suggest Sony are buying exclusivity and now this.

I think your looking way to into this. All he said was that hes expecting a price cut this eyar. So that means the peopel who might not buy it now will still buy it this year anyways sp there is not big deal. ALso if someone really wants a ps4 they would get one and not listen to phill.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
jason1637 said:

I don't think its illegal, iirc, but its definetly dirty. But if I say desperation people will say I'm spreading FUD ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

He is unprofessional.

jason1637 said:
Well hes doing his job.

He should mind his business.

Why is this such a big deal? Like MS is the only one to do stuff like this?

kurasakiichimaru said:
jason1637 said:
Well hes doing his job.

He should mind his business.

So competitng isnt his business?