By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Anyone Else See What Phil Spencer Is Trying To Do?

KLXVER said:
GribbleGrunger said:
KLXVER said:
Why is this such a big deal? Like MS is the only one to do stuff like this?

I've never seen another company deliberately trying to slow the sales of the opposion by suggesting people should wait. And don't pretend to be naive enough to think that's not what he's doing. There are many sly things a business can do to get the upper hand but this is a snake in the grass move.

What? The whole Sony E3 conference 2012 was them stomping on MSs head...

BS, MS kicked their own ass. Sony "talked about MS" without ever saying MS. The phrase "unlike our competitors" is fair game. Saying Sony attacked MS during E3 is just silly rhetoric.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
KLXVER said:

BS, MS kicked their own ass. Sony "talked about MS" without ever saying MS. The phrase "unlike our competitors" is fair game. Saying Sony attacked MS during E3 is just silly rhetoric.

Oh, so if he said "Our main competitor is going to have a price drop this holiday" it would be fine...?

Basically, Sony handed them the gun and MS shoot themselves on the foot is the better analogy.

KLXVER said:
GribbleGrunger said:
KLXVER said:

You can't tell the difference between a jab and an exec trying to begin a rumour through IGN that the PS4 will get a price drop? One hurts someone's feelings, the other loses a company thousands of sales. There are lines and MS don't give a damn about them when they're desparate.

Maybe thats why they are worth way more than Sony and Nintendo combined...?

Yes, actually. Microsoft's history of unethical (and illegal) business practices are _exactly_ why they are worth way more than Sony and Nintendo combined. Read up on the early days of MS when Bill Gates "sold" IBM the DOS operating system when he didn't have said operating system. After signing with IBM Bill suckered the creator of the CP/M operating system to sell it to him dirt cheap by convincing him nobody else was interested in CP/M.  Bill promptly renamed it "DOS" and milked billions of $$ in licensing fees from IBM.  And don't even get me started on illegally bundling Internet Explorer with Windows back in the mid '90s....(hint: DOJ convicted them of being a predatory monopoly)

Great company, that MS.

GribbleGrunger said:
Normchacho said:

You should put this in the OP. Otherwise the OP is pretty much the same as in the other thread.

Fair enough. Done.

As for your theory on why he said what he did, I think that's possible. He was trying to get people to wait on buying a PS4 for a pricecut that may not happen. It does two things for MS.

1. It gives them more time to convince those buyers to get an Xbox One.

2. It could get people disapointed with Sony if they wait and the pricecut doesn't come.

Though I don't really see too much out of line with it. It's just good PR.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
kurasakiichimaru said:
Basically, Sony handed them the gun and MS shoot themselves on the foot is the better analogy.

Not really. More like MS bought the gun, shot themselves in the foot, then Sony picked up the gun and shot them in the other...

kurasakiichimaru said:
jason1637 said:

So competitng isnt his business?

It's not his business. Unethical. Unprofessional.End of discussion.

You know what's unprofessional and unethical?

The video on how to share used videogames during E3 2013. On the light of when MS announced their X1 policies, Yoshida and the other weird guy with glasses, showed their true face.

And there are more of these type of "unethical" attitudes, towards MS and Nintendo coming from Sony execs.

ratchet426 said:

Yes, actually. Microsoft's history of unethical (and illegal) business practices are _exactly_ why they are worth way more than Sony and Nintendo combined. Read up on the early days of MS when Bill Gates "sold" IBM the DOS operating system when he didn't have said operating system. After signing with IBM Bill suckered the creator of the CP/M operating system to sell it to him dirt cheap by convincing him nobody else was interested in CP/M.  Bill promptly renamed it "DOS" and milked billions of $$ in licensing fees from IBM.  And don't even get me started on illegally bundling Internet Explorer with Windows back in the mid '90s....(hint: DOJ convicted them of being a predatory monopoly)

Great company, that MS.

Never said they were great. Just stating facts.

Sony's US branch should make a press conference that people thinking about getting an Xbox One should wait for the next firesale!

Include... The last one was $150 less and included free games! You will never see these kind of firesales with the PS4.

Fair is fair...

Goatseye said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

It's not his business. Unethical. Unprofessional.End of discussion.

You know what's unprofessional and unethical?

The video on how to share used videogames during E3 2013. On the light of when MS announced their X1 policies, Yoshida and the other weird guy with glasses, showed their true face.

And there are more of these type of "unethical" attitudes, towards MS and Nintendo coming from Sony execs.

Exactley how was that unethical? I'd also like to see these other examples aswell.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.