By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Anyone Else See What Phil Spencer Is Trying To Do?

I think there's a few people on this forum that will spot it straight away. He's trying to create a lull in PS4 sales by spreading misinformation. I find this unacceptable. Business is business but to try and create a lull in sales by suggesting your opposition is likely to announce a price drop at the Paris Games Week is below the belt. It might not have a huge effect but this is exactly what he's doing here.:

Xbox Boss Expects PS4 Price Drop in US

Speaking with IGN in an interview for next week's episode of Podcast Unlocked, Xbox head Phil Spencer spoke about the recent price cut on the PlayStation 4 in Japan, expressing his confidence in the likelihood of it soon happening in the west.

"I fully expect they [PlayStation] will drop price. When I think about the playbook they've used in the past, we feel good about the plans we have in place going forward in the holiday. If history tells, then we'll see a price drop from them coming."

Spencer also mentioned Sony's presence at Paris Games Week, suggesting perhaps an announcement could be made at that time. But, he doesn't necessarily feel threatened by the possibility and even suggests it would be a good thing.

"It's great for gamers when price competition happens. We saw that last holiday, and we saw crazy sales numbers on all of the consoles," he said.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/09/18/xbox-boss-expects-ps4-price-drop-in-us?%20hub%20page%20%28front%20page%29&utm_content=5

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Sell Xbox consoles?

So...he'll drop XB1 price to free and give free Doritos and Mtn Dew with every purchase?

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Well hes doing his job.

Are you posting this as news or trying to direct the thread into an specific discussion? I ask because it was posted before:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=208275&page=1

If you want to create a discussion on the possible intentions behind what Spencer said, then I'd say Spencer's words, that that incite discussion on a PS4 price drop or lack of it for the West, won't have effects beyond that of creating more wood for uneventful internet console battles in the console war that have barely any repercussions at all in the great scheme of things, specially now that we are so into the console gen.

Well, maybe news interviewers will keep asking Sony people about the price drop and that may be annoying for them if they don't want to talk about it.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Its pre-emptive damage control that puts the onus on Sony to do something about it.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Well obviously he's trying to tell people to delay their PS4 purchase and wait for a price cut.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

AbbathTheGrim said:

Are you posting this as news or trying to direct the thread into an specific discussion? I ask because it was posted before:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=208275&page=1

If you want to create a discussion on the possible intentions behind what Spencer said, then I'd say Spencer's words, that that incite discussion on a PS4 price drop or lack of it for the West, won't have effects beyond that of creating more wood for uneventful internet console battles in the console war that have barely any repercussions at all in the great scheme of things, specially now that we are so into the console gen.

Well, maybe news interviewers will keep asking Sony people about the price drop and that may be annoying for them if they don't want to talk about it.

More along the lines of a discussion based on what he's trying to do here rather than the article itself. I find this unacceptable. Business is business but to try and create a lull in sales by suggesting your opposition is likely to announce a price drop at the Paris Games Week is below the belt. It might not have a huge effect but this is exactly what he's doing here.

The PS5 Exists. 

MoHasanie said:
Well obviously he's trying to tell people to delay their PS4 purchase and wait for a price cut.

Nice. Didnt even think of that. I was afraid he was after my soul or something...

GribbleGrunger said:

More along the lines of a discussion based on what he's trying to do here rather than the article itself. I find this unacceptable. Business is business but to try and create a lull in sales by suggesting your opposition is likely to announce a price drop at the Paris Games Week is below the belt. It might not have a huge effect but this is exactly what he's doing here.

The little PR battles.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1