By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox Boss Expects PS4 Price Drop In US

Tagged games:

Do you expect a PS4 Price Drop in the US this Fall

Yes 116 60.73%

No 42 21.99%

See Results 32 16.75%

Total:190

This thread isn't about the Xbox price of whatever. I'm just going to babble for a minute.

People see what they want to see. I remember last gen when the PS3 was $600 and the 360 was like $400 or less. I argued that, for a gamer with $450, they could walk into a store and walk out with an Xbox and a game and go home and play it. People said "For the PlayStation experience, you had to add in the price of an HD DVD player, Gold, a wireless router, etc."

Then, after Sony began cutting feature after feature, they still argued that it wasn't a price cut! That it was deleting

I'll finish this later. Gotta go. Sex time!

Around the Network

I'm sorry but why is he giving interviews/entertaining questions unrelated to his organization again?

jason1637 said:

Well dance central launched last year and i think some other few niche titles. ALso when microsoft updates the bone they always add kinect support for those who bought it. Okay it might not be the standard any more but saying the xbox one got a $150 pprice cut is wrong becayse all that ahppened is a an unbundle and a $50 price cut.

Dance central is still 2014, 2015 is almost over M8.

PS4 always supports the Camera, but its never been standard either.

Look, I get why you don't want to call it a price cut, cause of the negative stigma attached with the phrase, that's fine.

Objectively though, by definition the price was cut. That's not a bad thing, yeah it shows the XB1 was hurting because of the high price, but that makes sense. MS thought they could compete with Sony at 100$ more and the got slapped in the face. They didn't listen to consumers, until Consumers forced them to, I personally see that as crap, but we can all agree they got what they deserved.

MS has paid the price they aren't going to ever have a chance outside of the US this gen, and is going to have to stuggle to be competive in the US. Like Spencer said, lowering price is good. Call it what you want. But facts are facts

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

d21lewis said:
This thread isn't about the Xbox price of whatever. I'm just going to babble for a minute.

People see what they want to see. I remember last gen when the PS3 was $600 and the 360 was like $400 or less. I argued that, for a gamer with $450, they could walk into a store and walk out with an Xbox and a game and go home and play it. People said "For the PlayStation experience, you had to add in the price of an HD DVD player, Gold, a wireless router, etc."

Then, after Sony began cutting feature after feature, they still argued that it wasn't a price cut! That it was deleting

I'll finish this later. Gotta go. Sex time!

I wasn't there, I'd kick their asses too.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

He's probably thinking hey if I give interviews and pre-empt Sony and told everyone that he believes PS4 is gonna take a price cut, the sales will dive down cause people are gonna wait for the price cut. Seems like a very unprofessional thing to do imo.

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
jason1637 said:

Well dance central launched last year and i think some other few niche titles. ALso when microsoft updates the bone they always add kinect support for those who bought it. Okay it might not be the standard any more but saying the xbox one got a $150 pprice cut is wrong becayse all that ahppened is a an unbundle and a $50 price cut.

Dance central is still 2014, 2015 is almost over M8.

PS4 always supports the Camera, but its never been standard either.

Look, I get why you don't want to call it a price cut, cause of the negative stigma attached with the phrase, that's fine.

Objectively though, by definition the price was cut. That's not a bad thing, yeah it shows the XB1 was hurting because of the high price, but that makes sense. MS thought they could compete with Sony at 100$ more and the got slapped in the face. They didn't listen to consumers, until Consumers forced them to, I personally see that as crap, but we can all agree they got what they deserved.

MS has paid the price they aren't going to ever have a chance outside of the US this gen, and is going to have to stuggle to be competive in the US. Like Spencer said, lowering price is good. Call it what you want. But facts are facts

Ofc sonny supports the camera if they didnt that would be bad for the consumers.

I love price cuts it makes consoles cheaper and more affordable but saying when MS unbundled kinect was a pricecut is incorrect.

Yes lowering the price is good. It worked for them during the holidays last year.

Just why do you guys think he is talking about the price of their competitors and making such a bold prediction that he couldn't possibly be privy too? It does seem unprofessional at best.

I think he's trying to prepare himself and others for the massacre if sony does a price cut for the holiday. He's completely lying about being worried over it though.

Phil Spencer: "If you were planning to buy XOne, you're better off waiting. We expect PS4 to drop in price, which means that we will be running crazy deals, giving away free consoles and Halo.....Halooooo.....did I mention Halo? HALOOOOO......Sorry, I get excited wben someone mentions Halo.....Who said Halo? Halooooo...."

(MS PR coach ups his medication)

Spencer: "People, we all know that a PS4 price cut will signal.our massacre. So you're better off waiting to buy XOne, we are dropping the price for sure. We need to stay competitive, expect firesale prices again, with free Halo....Haloooooo....Halooooooo......"

(MS PR coach jumps off bridge)
(Interviewer turns recorder off, goes to drink himself senseless)

I still think a $50 isn't asmart move. It will cut into Sony's profit margin but it won't have a significant impact on sales. You need atleast $299 for that. Besides MS will just match it.