By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the XB1 sell better this holiday than holiday 2014?

AEGRO said:
H3ADShOt3 said:

Hmm I don't know... Maybe because the BC update comes out in november and the following month is december, which last time I heard that's when the holidays were.

My bad. I thought the update was already out.

Still, BC is NOT a system seller. Not even close.

Backwards compatibility is available, but it's very limited and only available for preview members anyway until November. So it definitely doesn't benefit sales.

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
Why is people thinking that Backwards Compatibility will somehow move X1 consoles?!

Not only that, but specifically on the holidays. The BC is only relevant on holidays too? Damn!

Who knows. Some people are acting like this is the first time BC has been on a console. It's a limited version of it, too.  BC on the PS3 sure as shit didn't help it move consoles when it was on there and it was just about full BC with the PS1 and PS2.

Aeolus451 said:
AEGRO said:
Why is people thinking that Backwards Compatibility will somehow move X1 consoles?!

Not only that, but specifically on the holidays. The BC is only relevant on holidays too? Damn!

Who knows. Some people are acting like this is the first time BC has been on a console. It's a limited version of it, too.  BC on the PS3 sure as shit didn't help it move consoles when it was on there and it was just about full BC with the PS1 and PS2.

It didn't help the PS3 because the PS3 was the price of a fucking yacht. That, and the 360 was taking names. Not really comparable to the situation we're in right now.

i think sony will win also in the US if they drop the price

WIth a fallout 4 bundle they can.

Around the Network

Yes

AlfredoTurkey said:
Aeolus451 said:

It didn't help the PS3 because the PS3 was the price of a fucking yacht. That, and the 360 was taking names. Not really comparable to the situation we're in right now.

Yes, the price of the PS3 really hurt it's sales but being BC with PS2 and PS1 didn't help sell consoles. It didn't give enough of a incentive to make up for the PS3's downsides at the time. That by itself is comparible to the xbox one and it's not even close to full BC. BC is a nice feature but it's not gonna change many people's mind.

Ruler said:
i think sony will win also in the US if they drop the price

Yes but that isn't what the thread is about.