By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the XB1 sell better this holiday than holiday 2014?

TheSting said:

The effect of that might be picked up from the Halo effect I think. I believe you're saying those lost sales won't be duplicated. Key word is might of course 

Yeah, I'm by no means sure either.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Compared to the earlier months of last year there's no reason to believe why it wouldn't sell better this holiday when it has Halo and temporarily, Tomb Raider to drive up it's hardware sales ...

GribbleGrunger said:
Last year MS dropped the price of the XB1 and told everyone it would be temporary. That drove sales, so I'm not sure they will equal last years sales.

I remember that. They even announced that the deal was going to end on a certain date, then they were like ''you know what, 350$ it is''.

I'm not sure. The X1 did really well in my area last holiday, wouldn't be surprised if that happened again

MS dropped a lot of the price last year and I don't thing they will do that this year.

The big titles are in the PS4 side... Star Wars Bundle and CoD Bundle will make PS4 sell more and Xbone less.

Around the Network

When does the holiday season begin? Because right now the X1 is being murdered by the Ps4 on the Amazon Top 100.

I don't think it will or even be close to last year's sales. MS did a price cut to boost sales for the holidays and I don't see MS doing another price cut this holiday. Also, if sony does a temporary price for the PS4 it will destroy the xbox one's sales which i think sony will do.

AEGRO said:
When does the holiday season begin? Because right now the X1 is being murdered by the Ps4 on the Amazon Top 100.

I guess in halo release date, sales gonna start moving in xb1 favor.

Good

Isn't that the question so many of us are wondering. I know Halo 5 comes out, but honestly I think MS went so insane last holiday that most people who were ever going to buy one, bought one.

I mean that thing was essentially being sold for ~$250, and yet it still lost to the PS4. I just don't see MS pushing that hard this time. They tried throwing money at he problem, and now they just need to try making some of it back without digging another hole as deep as the first Xbox.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]