By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the XB1 sell better this holiday than holiday 2014?

First thread! Felt like making a thread since this was on my mind.

Anyway, I want to see what you guys think. Do you think the Xbox One will sell better this holiday than last year's holiday? I think it'll be pretty close, but I think this holiday may slightly edge out last year's.

Around the Network

Due to Halo 5, a stronger exclusive lineup overall, and better bundles, I'm inclined to say yes.

But I do think it will be close.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:

Due to Halo 5, a stronger exclusive lineup overall, and better bundles, I'm inclined to say yes.

But I do think it will be close.

That's what I think, too, but I feel like another price cut or some kind of Fallout 4 bundle would greatly benefit them.

Last year MS dropped the price of the XB1 and told everyone it would be temporary. That drove sales, so I'm not sure they will equal last years sales.

The PS5 Exists. 

Hard to tell. Last year xb1 had a lot going on during the holiday including the AC bundle at 330 on BF. Add to that that it was supposed to be a temporary price cut which I am sure it created a lot of pressure onto gamers. Unless MS cut the price again, I think it will be similar to last year, maybe less.

Around the Network

I'm just gonna say that I think it'll sell less this holiday.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

idk yet but ill say yes if they do a 2 game bundle like fallout and tomb raider.

I think so. There is a lot of strong titles coming out like Fallout 4, Battlefront. Furthermore, backwards compability coming out in November along with Halo 5 and RoTR all togethershould move a lot of consoles

I think so, the line-up is better and it's been selling better all year. Though I don't think the bump will be as big as last year.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

GribbleGrunger said:
Last year MS dropped the price of the XB1 and told everyone it would be temporary. That drove sales, so I'm not sure they will equal last years sales.

The effect of that might be picked up from the Halo effect I think. I believe you're saying those lost sales won't be duplicated. Key word is might of course