By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the XB1 sell better this holiday than holiday 2014?

Hard to say. Sony has pretty much every big third party exclusive deal this holiday and big bundles for many too.

Throw in a possible price cut and Sony will destroy all this Christmas.

Halo will be big no doubt, but after last year's bug filled collection, I think it's overall impact will be smaller since ppl will be slightly apprehensive.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Snoopy said:
Halo, Gears ultimate (remake), Tomb Raider and Forza makes it a compelling system to get. Especially since it is going to be cheaper.

Wasn't it the same price during the holidays last year?

I think xbox one will be cheaper during the holidays and have special deals. I predict a $300 xbox one for the holidays.

Halo 5 - combined with backwards compatibility will be key drivers for 360 owners who still haven't upgraded to either next gen system.

It will sell more than last year, and more than the 360 at that point in its life - but not more than the PS4.

Unlikely. Possible, but unlikely.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Snoopy said:
Normchacho said:

Wasn't it the same price during the holidays last year?

I think xbox one will be cheaper during the holidays and have special deals. I predict a $300 xbox one for the holidays.

I have my doubts, maybe if the PS4 gets a price drop though. Would be a mistake on MS part either way.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Snoopy said:

I have my doubts, maybe if the PS4 gets a price drop though. Would be a mistake on MS part either way.

Nah, I expect Microsoft to do it during the holidays. I also expect them to announce their AMD purchase which means they can make the price of the xbox one and other window devices cheaper.

It's going to sell worse.

No matter what they do, they will not be able to generate the urgency they were able to generate from the first fire sale.

Yes because of halo and gears Rest of 2016 no them Sony has the upper Hand

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Yes!!!

The Chief is coming.

I think that it will sell just slightly better. Maybe a 5% increase from last year's holiday period.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P