By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Ballot Charts *Updated* Completely Closed!

Done!

See Results (if you do really?) 5 100.00%

Total:5

Alright next up is the long legged warrior with stylish hair who we all know is under appreciated

Ok I promise not to do that again :P.

Seriously though:

Bayonetta has been on a rocky road on the Wii U. I honestly am not a sales guy, but I'm really angry at the sales it got. It goes beyon people even choosing to buy the game, but I plan to save all that for another thread in the future.

Nonetheless, the game was really supported by Nintendo no matter how people look at it. Publishing the updated original game as well as the new game bundled into one, with a really good digital eshop price deal. What's more they even collaborated with with Nintendo IP's for costumes and a secret stage.

In fact, they even encouraged the team to be more provactive than they originally intended. Coupled with the fact that the same team is making Star Fox Zero in part because of the dierction of Bayonetta, its clear Bayonetta really established a strong relationship between Nintendo and Platinum Games.

When it comes to her as a character, I am going with pretty reasonable. I went with debatable at first, but I am throwing out sexualization for 2 reasons:

1. Shulk, ZSS, and the most sexualized character, Wario.

2. Snake has done kinky stuff in the MG franchise, but they made him work. With similar care not to flaunt her, Bayonetta could be in the same boat.

What say you? Be sure to explain your reasoning (if you want)

Around the Network

Oops repost 

As much as I wish that they had added Bayonetta onto the roster... I feel as though if they had not added her in during Sm4sh's launch, they will not add her in now. It made sense to do it earlier, as it was close to the release of Bayonetta 2. Now it will not have the same promotional value, and the wow factor won't be as high. If she was included in the game and not as DLC she would have been a hit.

That being said it is still possible... however I believe that she is more likely to appear in the next Super Smash Bros.
Platinum Games have expressed interest in making more Bayonetta games for Nintendo, so she should be more established by that point.

Alright 30 minutes before the poll closes! Be sure to vote before its closed.

*There's a flaw in the pooll that I noticed, but don't know how to fix without removing it entirely, but I'll address it later on.

Alright guys poll is closed!

I originally thought it would fall in pretty reasonable, but Bayonetta just barely made to Perfect at the last second!That  being said I made a mistake by leaving out "Just No" so that may have skewed results. Will address after near the end of the chart as well as Rundas.

Next character will arrive shortly!

Around the Network

Alright next up is the character that started from the bottom... and continued digging.

Shovel Knight!

Honestly, the game was fun. Very fun. It was one of the Kickstarters that did it right helped help give more attention to the fact that there are quality indies out there. Earlier, I said that indie games were debatable in Smash, but honestly I feel as though if the quality is there and the game works *cough* it shouldn't matter how much was spent on advertisment and voice actors and such.

For Shovel Knight specifically, I'm in between pretty reasonable and debatable. Great character, great game, great possibliities for a balanced moveset. He also has his own amiibo. That being said he's relatively new. You know what? I'm going pretty reasonable. He still has left a impact in gaming currently in my opinion. Whether that turns out to be major or minor down the line, only time will tell.

What do you think?

Toxy said:
As much as I wish that they had added Bayonetta onto the roster... I feel as though if they had not added her in during Sm4sh's launch, they will not add her in now. It made sense to do it earlier, as it was close to the release of Bayonetta 2. Now it will not have the same promotional value, and the wow factor won't be as high. If she was included in the game and not as DLC she would have been a hit.

That being said it is still possible... however I believe that she is more likely to appear in the next Super Smash Bros.
Platinum Games have expressed interest in making more Bayonetta games for Nintendo, so she should be more established by that point.

Eh... Not after this.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/08/11/theres-a-bayonetta-pachislot-game-in-development/

I don't see Nintendo sacrificing their reputation as a clean, family friendly company in order to support franchise that makes money for someone else. Remind you, I once voted Bayonetta for the Smash Ballot, but with Pachislot coming out, they won't put her in even she get more vote than all other characters combined.

Sexualization isn't a problem, as Bayonetta isn't actually designed too sexually. Her head to body proportion is completely off, which makes it more sensible to consider as a female power fantasy as a concept.

For the matter of Shovel Knight, I'm not sure.

I have a feeling they might do the top 3 in the ballot. On topic, either an inkling, Wonder red, or Captain Toad would be great.

If they do go with Shovel Knight, he needs to have Link's downward thrust attack.

Is Britney Spears really a thing? lol