By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Ballot Charts *Updated* Completely Closed!

Done!

See Results (if you do really?) 5 100.00%

Total:5
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

FUCKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGG BOMBBBBBERRRMAAAAN!!!!!!!
He's perfect for Smash.
Actually knowing about Bomberman, I can attest that his move set, while seemingly simple has a ton of potential.
He can punch and kick bombs, use bombs to knock people out and pick them up and throw them, pick up and throw bombs. Hell he basically has aspects of Snake and Villager all rolled into one.

Since Hudson, god rest their soul, doesn't exist any more, Bomberman is a Hero without a home.

Thanks for tibit of info. This is a good excuse to look up some of his games.

(To be honest the main reason I'm commenting is because of your sig. I'll hate you forever :P)

Around the Network

Bomberman is a bit more debatable, but I would be perfectly fine with him in as I really enjoyed playing bomberman

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Dravenet7 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

FUCKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGG BOMBBBBBERRRMAAAAN!!!!!!!
He's perfect for Smash.
Actually knowing about Bomberman, I can attest that his move set, while seemingly simple has a ton of potential.
He can punch and kick bombs, use bombs to knock people out and pick them up and throw them, pick up and throw bombs. Hell he basically has aspects of Snake and Villager all rolled into one.

Since Hudson, god rest their soul, doesn't exist any more, Bomberman is a Hero without a home.

Thanks for tibit of info. This is a good excuse to look up some of his games.

(To be honest the main reason I'm commenting is because of your sig. I'll hate you forever :P)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

30 minutes before Bomber Man poll closes. At a glance it seems Bomber Man hits a perfect by a very slight margin.

Alright Bomber Man poll closed! 

It's relatively clear to see that he leaves an explosive impression.

Charted at perfect!

Next character up shortly. Actually may take a while because my comptuter is acting up (on mobile atm)

EDIT: Finally waited forever for this next character to appear!

Around the Network

ALLRIIIGGGGHHT!!!! The next character is Half-Genie hero Shantae!

Ok I'll say this: This is the character that got me to care about the smash ballot. I think I already did my origin thing so I'm not gonna run through it again though. With that said, the Shantae franchise is a highly underrated franchise that deserves more recognition. It is the oldest indie I can think of and the real first indie that was exclusive for Nintendo for an extremely long time. As I said about Shovel Knight earlier, an indie game shouldn't be against any requirement as long as the quality is there. I played the second and third games and the quality is there.

Her appeal has also grown significantly over the years. This has become even more apparent to me with the Smash Ballot, where you can really see the effort of the fanbase 

With that said, I've noted that there a few people I came across who are hyping up Shantae that have never played their game. Though of course, that goes for a lot of fans of other characters, but those I'm referring to just want her amiibo. Some I suspect are scalpers waiting to happen

(perhaps that is a conversation for another thread).

Regardless, the genuine love for the character is there and the momentum its received as reached Japan.

In fact, Japan is getting physical copy of Pirate's Curse for the 3DS, (which of course I'm both happy and jealous of)

Now originally, I was going to put her under debatable because of the more obvious sexualization factor that may have gotten Tharja booted as a trophy. However, I got to thinking: in the first place, the Shantae games, at best, have always been E10. Due to this, I want to say it really shouldn't be an issue (though honestly I wouldn't be bothered either way if she was toned down a bit or not). Others might disagree and I completely accept that, which is why I originally put her in debatable. However, I choose pretty reasonable because of the factors of her origins and long history with Nintendo, her growing appeal, and the possibilites of her moveset. 

What say you? Be sure to leave a comment (If you want of course)

*Nothing important, but I was going to add a video here basically explaining the Terry Crews in the poll as well as express my hype, but the media isn't working for some reason. If anyone could tell me what happened that would be great but, it was mostly for the lol's anyway so it doesn't matter.

EDIT: Got it to work!

I would argue that Shantae is more plausible than any other indie game character. There has been numerous Shantae titles, has a reasonable following, and the quality is there. She has also been on numerous Nintendo platforms.

It baffles me the attention Shovel Knight gets. Shantae has proven to have lasting appeal, whereas Shovel Knight has yet to prove whether it is a one hit wonder or not.

Better choice than Shovel Knight, am pretty indifferent if she's in or not, tbh..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Alright 30 minutes before Shantae's poll closes!

From the looks of it, Shantae is going to be in pretty reasonable. I may have to stretch out this chart. (Yes I have a new one, but I decided to save it for the end result)