By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tatsumi Kimishima advised against WiiU and predicted it would fail

Tagged games:

Having some common sense is a plus! :)

Earlier today Nintendo appointed Tatsumi Kimishima, formerly Nintendo of America President and The Pokémon Company's Chief Financial Officer, to President of Nintendo. Following his appointment, Kimishima revealed a few nuggets of information to Japanese publication Nikkei, including the fact that he actually advised Nintendo against launching Wii U, and predicted it would fail.

source

Around the Network

more important to know is what he suggested instead. it's easy to tear down a bad idea but much harder to come up with a good one.

Well, there we go. That's enough qualification for me. Move along, people, the show is over.

His reason was because it was too similar to the Wii...

Common sense within Nintendo's management?! What is this madness?!

Around the Network

yes and ?

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

PxlStorm said:
Common sense within Nintendo's management?! What is this madness?!

would be nice to see common sense on this site.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

It is too similar too Wii. It looks like a rounded, longer Wii, the branding looks similar, people looked at it as a Wii accessory. Wii U could have been more successful if it didn't have the Wii-branding. Not that it would have been an enormous success, but it could have done more than Wii U's current trajectory.

I'm going to have to ask that he specify his reasoning. Too similar in what ways, exactly?

I'm now a bit more optimistic about the NX