By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tatsumi Kimishima is the new president of Nintendo

he looks like he has balls

but he also looks stiff like a pole

wait....balls ...stiff...

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

I hope this guy will lead Nintendo in the right direction! From his track record it looks like he worked on some pretty important games. Also him living in America is a big plus for us western fans. Who knows, maybe he will finally fix the YouTube copyright BS that has been going on for the past couple of years. I really hope he will do great! Get your meme face on Kimishima, you have work to do!!

Two months is a long, but respectful wait for this announcement.

It's interesting to see the changes to the hierarchical structure and the new roles - particularly those advisory roles of Takeda and Miyamoto - and how that all works. Even more interesting will be how this new structure will influence how Nintendo moves forward.

Good luck to him.

I hope he can help lead Nintendo towards a good future.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

More business centered then Iwata, it will be interesting to see how he leads the company.

Around the Network

Interesting, would have figured they would go for someone younger. Hopefully being a former head of NoA gives him a better understanding of Western trends that he can apply as CEO.

XanderXT said:
He was involved in Metroid Prime? Interesting...

He was the President of NoA at the time, pre-Reggie, so he got credited as that. Well he is a suit so this could go either way.

AbbathTheGrim said:

Tatsumi Kimishima has been credited in a number of video games produced by Nintendo. Some of the most notable games include: Mario Party 5, Mario Party 6,[ Mario Party 7, Mario Party 8, Mario Golf Advanced Tour,Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, and Metroid Prime. Kimishima has also been given special thanks on video games he has been involved in which includes various Wario and Metroid games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatsumi_Kimishima#Games_Credited

So you're sayin' that we're gonna be getting a true Mario Party 9 for the NX? I'm in.

I'm now filled with determination.

thatguymarco said:

So you're sayin' that we're gonna be getting a true Mario Party 9 for the NX? I'm in.

hmm, his wikipedia profile says he likes golf so in his new big obligations and possible straining office hours I expect his golf yearn to turn into an obsession that translates into machinegun Mario Golf releases.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Reggie should've gotten the job. The Cranky Kong announcement still gives me chills till this day. A true leader