By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tatsumi Kimishima is the new president of Nintendo

Soundwave said:
bigtakilla said:

Well, how about the fact that between 2002 and 2006 he was president of Nintendo of America  but would never show up at any of their press conferences (Iwata and Miyamoto would travel thousands of miles to be at every single one I believe), Or the fact that he only went to investers meetings to talk about numbers, and let Iwata talk mostly about the games and future direction of the company. Or the fact that he spoke out against the Wii U and how it looked too much like the Wii.  I don't think it takes a huge leap of faith (not just from one picture alone) that this guy wasn't the same public figure, and child at heart dreamer that Miyamoto and Iwata is/was. 

Well maybe that's for the best. 

I think you want Willy Wonka to focus on making chocolate ... not making the business decisions at the Factory. 

Agreed, but people are saying that we are making wild accusations about his personality from one picture, which is simply not true. There are many, many reasons to think that Tatsumi's way of running Nintendo would be a far cry from Iwata's. That said, I would agree with everyone here that says for the most part I feel the NX will be exactly as it would have been if Iwata were in charge, it's more than likely just too far into the works to uproot and start over. He may also just be a placeholder president in which case we may never see what he would do with the company, but if he is in charge for 10+ years I feel the next console and the direction of the company could be drastically different than what they are now. I'm still convinced that we will never see him in a direct (if directs even continue). 

That said, Tatsumi could very well be just be a placeholder. As I stated, he was president of NOA and Pokemon US so who knows what the real future of Nintendo will be. 

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

No they didn't closet, they renaming it, now EPD instead EAD/SPD.

They aren't renaming it. It's a new division.

I love the comments on this topic /ot

I really look forward to the restructuring they've been going on

spemanig said:
Miyamotoo said:

No they didn't closet, they renaming it, now EPD instead EAD/SPD.

They aren't renaming it. It's a new division.

They just merge them into one division like few other divisions too.

Miyamotoo said:

A merger is not renaming it. It's a new division. Just like the merging of the handheld and console divisions made a completely new division. It's far more than a name change. Renaming Namco Bandai Bandai Namco is a name chance. This is a new division.

Around the Network

A new division that is made up of the same people, same teams, and same developers of the old 2 divisions. 
Only now they'll all be working much closer together than ever before. 
That's it.

As stated already, Iwata served one year terms too. Also, since Yamauchi retired Nintendo has had a "leadership group". The new Prez is looking at who should make up that group going forward.

spemanig said:
Miyamotoo said:

A merger is not renaming it. It's a new division. Just like the merging of the handheld and console divisions made a completely new division. It's far more than a name change. Renaming Namco Bandai Bandai Namco is a name chance. This is a new division.

You are right, but like PAOerfulone wrote:

"A new division that is made up of the same people, same teams, and same developers of the old 2 divisions. 
Only now they'll all be working much closer together and managed more easier than ever before."

Miyamotoo said:

You are right, but like PAOerfulone wrote:

"A new division that is made up of the same people, same teams, and same developers of the old 2 divisions. 
Only now they'll all be working much closer together and managed more easier than ever before."

I know what a merger is. It's still a new division. When Square and Enix merged, it became a new entity. Doesn't matter who makes it up.