By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tatsumi Kimishima is the new president of Nintendo

spemanig said:
It's only for one year. So it's a temporary position. I'm much more down with that.

Sakurai for president, 2016.

Are you sure that Mr. Sakurai himself would want that roll?

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

Are you sure that Mr. Sakurai himself would want that roll?

No...

Don't ruin this for me.

I'm surprised a thread hasn't been made on the company restructuring. It's probably bigger news than the new president. I mean, EAD is no more, for heaven's sake.

Sorry, can't stop myself from posting this...

spemanig said:
It's only for one year. So it's a temporary position. I'm much more down with that.

Sakurai for president, 2016.

Official info or opinion?

If its not ofical info I can easy see Tatsumi Kimishima as new CEO at least for 3-4 years.

Edit

Although this may sound unusual, this is actually standard for Nintendo. Iwata was always appointed for 1-year terms, and was re-elected at the annual board meeting.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
I'm surprised a thread hasn't been made on the company restructuring. It's probably bigger news than the new president. I mean, EAD is no more, for heaven's sake.

What?! For reals? I know they had started a new division (business something), but did they close down EAD? Replaced it with what?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
spemanig said:

What?! For reals? I know they had started a new division (business something), but did they close down EAD? Replaced it with what?

No they didn't closet, they renaming it, now EPD instead EAD/SPD.

Miyamotoo said:
DanneSandin said:

Is that all they did? EAD sounded a lot better than EPD...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
Miyamotoo said:

Is that all they did? EAD sounded a lot better than EPD...

Not only that, basically they are merging lotsa units and divisions.

http://kotaku.com/some-inside-baseball-for-nintendo-fans-as-ead-transform-1730630975

When i look at the picture, i already scare with the guy, he look like a tyrannical ruler that like to beat a children with Wii mote.