By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tatsumi Kimishima is the new president of Nintendo

Meh, they should have brought in Arakawa imo. He did great things as president of NoA and at least the man smiles!

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
JEMC said:
The picture in the OP made me think that he was trhe boss of the Nintendo Ninjas. He looks a bit menacing, don't you think?

In any case, I'll wait until we see him in an interview or conference/Direct and how Nintendo manages the launch of NX before making any judgement.

Here's a pic of him smiling. Also who are the Nintendo Ninjas?

They're in that picture. Nobody can see them. They take care of the hackers and emulators devs... I think I'm talking too much, they might ca-

But I thought Tatsumi Kimishima was a Nintendo Nin-

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Meh, they should have brought in Arakawa imo. He did great things as president of NoA and at least the man smiles!

He didn't want the job in 2001, so I'm sure he doesn't want it now.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

JEMC said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
JEMC said:
The picture in the OP made me think that he was trhe boss of the Nintendo Ninjas. He looks a bit menacing, don't you think?

In any case, I'll wait until we see him in an interview or conference/Direct and how Nintendo manages the launch of NX before making any judgement.

Here's a pic of him smiling. Also who are the Nintendo Ninjas?

He certainly looks more amicable in that pic. Kinda like a strick, but fair, grandpa.

And the Nintendo Ninjas are an old joke. Why do you think there are so little leaks from Nintendo? Because they have ninjas that take care of those problems .

Oh... But what abou-

Bet with Xander XT: 

Me!

Nice.

Around the Network

I personally wish him all the best. If he had work done in the Metroid Prime series, then he should be able to not only help Nintendo from a console standpoint (getting to near Wii levels again anyway), but also assist in getting better in the West.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Well since he used to be president of Nintendo of America I really hope he understands what the american audience wants a little better. Mainly more powerful hardware.

Ka-pi96 said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Typical Japanese. Go for the 65 year old Japanese businessman because seniority>everything else.

I wish they would have chosen someone young and upcoming that could have injected some new ideas in to the company and been there for many years to come.

Young and upcoming doesn't necessairly mean success though. I know a lot of great companies that fell because they chose someone young and upcoming.

Well they don't have to be that young. But 65? That's retirement age. I'd be surprised if he is still in the job in 5 years time.

He's just transitional, I'm guessing. And Carly Fiorina was 44 when she almost singlehandedly brought down HP.

Bet with Xander XT: 

Me!

I don't like his facial expression, it looks to serious compared to the charming Iwata.

Lol @ people talking about the games he was credited for. He's a business man, not a developer. He was credited just because he was president of NoA at the time. He didn't work on the games.

I'd say the biggest positive is that he's lived in the US most his life. This may be an acknowledgement by the board that they need better global relationships. The creative guy and the tech guy will still lead Nintendo's products, but hopefully this new creepy president will be better at talking to third parties and the company or new studios making games his grandkids in New York would like to play.