By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tatsumi Kimishima is the new president of Nintendo

Really?

Last I checked Mario Parties 8 and DS were the best selling games of the series, by far.
The reason it declined, and is still declining is because Nintendo still refuses to get with the times and include the OBVIOUS thing for Mario Party, which is online multiplayer!
If they just did that one thing, sales and interest in the series would skyrocket!

Around the Network
Kotastic said:
Kagerow said:

Face Palm.

You don't even know the reason why Mario Party started to decline?

Nd Cube is doing really great job for Mario Party 9 and Mario Party 10 after KONAMI. yes KONAMI of all company pretty much ended the development team of MP8.

Face Palm

I was being facetious.

also MP8 and DS the highest selling Mario Parties in the series?...

Sorry about that.

What I was trying to say was that MP8 is last Mario Party to be developed by Hudson Soft's full team.

It seems that I've structured sentence completely wrong. Considering Nd Cube lost many of Hudson Soft's core member, MP9 came out pretty well. I didn't stated that MP8 was bad. Just that core members of MP8 development team got, well, "Kojima'd". If my source is correct.

Veteran operations executive to replace Satoru Iwata, Wallstreet Journal article:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-names-tatsumi-kimishima-as-ceo-1442214186

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a corporate president. But in my heart, I am a corporate president."

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Good Luck Tatsumi Kimishima. Let's wait and see what he's capable off.

Around the Network

I think Nintendo will be just fine with Kimishima as president. I read somewhere that he played a big role in Pokemon GSC's success in the West!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Hmmm not sure what to think of this guy. He certainly have a good CV, but is it good for a game company president? I'm not convinced. 30 years on a bank, a few years in NoA and in the Pokemon Company. Maybe this'll be like others have suggested and he'll be a transition guy, heading Nintendo for a few years before they settle with a more perminent president.

I just hope they turn too cooperative and business like and focus on the money. They need to be vary these days

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Ka-pi96 said:
Typical Japanese. Go for the 65 year old Japanese businessman because seniority>everything else.

I wish they would have chosen someone young and upcoming that could have injected some new ideas in to the company and been there for many years to come.

I am not sure he is photogenic enough to help Nintendo win the GIF Wars.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Not unexpected, Kimishima was 4th in the hierarchy since 2013 if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not really happy that he's a businessman and not a former game developer, but I don't know enough about him. He'll probably act in the background like Yamauchi and won't be the guy for Directs or press conferences.

He doesn't seem bad, I won't judge him until we see how he does. He seems to have a lot of experience, which is a good thing. Also, him working at NoA before and living in the US hopefully means he has some understanding of the western market. Let's just wait and see what he does!