By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tatsumi Kimishima is the new president of Nintendo

SuperNova said:
He currently lives in the US. Interesting. I guess it makes sense with him having been CEO of Nintendo of America for about ten years. Maybe he has a good understanding of the Western market. Best of luck to him.

That's what I thought, he as president could have some positive influences on the American market, the US branch.

I bet he knows English. Maybe the Nintendo Directs will feature him???? I don't know how photogenic he really is, probably won't happen. lol

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
SuperNova said:
He currently lives in the US. Interesting. I guess it makes sense with him having been CEO of Nintendo of America for about ten years. Maybe he has a good understanding of the Western market. Best of luck to him.

That's what I thought, he as president could have some positive influences on the American market, the US branch.

I bet he knows English. Maybe the Nintendo Directs will feature him???? I don't know how photogenic he really is, probably won't happen. lol

As long as he does something silly on the Direct, he'll fit right in.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
SuperNova said:

As long as he does something silly on the Direct, he'll fit right in.

He has the Pokemon relation so I suppose he could wear Pikachu ears or something.

IGN article:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/14/nintendo-names-a-new-company-president?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Hopefully he'll try to fix NoA...

Can we expect great things?

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
SuperNova said:

Let's hope so, NOA has been on a little upwards trend with it's commercials lately and Nintendo in general seems to be listening to fan and critic feedback more. Hopefully he continues these trends.

Weeeeeeell, I'm not trying to be mean here, but Iwata certainly seemed more...charismatic than him. :P

He is sort of old too, but seems to be a veteran. I wonder if they put him in charge for the next 3-5 years in order to groom a younger successor.

SuperNova said:

Let's hope so, NOA has been on a little upwards trend with it's commercials lately and Nintendo in general seems to be listening to fan and critic feedback more. Hopefully he continues these trends.

Weeeeeeell, I'm not trying to be mean here, but Iwata certainly seemed more...charismatic than him. :P

He is sort of old too, but seems to be a veteran. I wonder if they put him in charge for the next 3-5 years in order to groom a younger successor.

It's bad to judge people on appearance but I will only say that when I saw his picture here I immediately thought he would take Nintendo into the Hentai videogame market. :P

If he manages his English very well then I guess he at least could have a strong presence during Nintendo conventions and stuff.

Who knows, maybe he is old but with modern ideas?

Yeah as I said in the other thread, I think this is a transitional hire. At age 65, he will probably retire in 5-8 years.

It buys Nintendo some time to properly vet and groom a true successor to Iwata though.

As for his track record, I guess the pro would be that he's lived in the US for a while and would hopefully have a more enlightened POV.

On the minus side though, much of NOA's decline occurred under his watch.

StarOcean said:
Hopefully he'll try to fix NoA...

Are you implying some that firing/transfer a prominent executive is in order?

Seems like Nintendo thought about this extensively. Good luck to Kimishima. I don't really feel enthusiastic about this one way or the other right now though. Maybe I'm just tired. MP5 was very fun at the very least