By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Give an IP from a company to another developer you like

Teeqoz said:
spemanig said:

it's definitely Playstation's best franchise,

Uhhhhhh. Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh. Uhmmmmmmmm.

No?

Ummmmm....Yes?

Around the Network
Wright said:
UltimateGamerConsole said:

I think you're the only one who thinks so.

But I'm not the only one who thinks God of War isn't Playstation's best.

Well, of course. Same goes for Uncharted or any other PlayStation franchise. There's just too many exclusive series and tastes for all to agree on any one being the best.

But Infamous of all games is sure as hell not the best, not even close to being the best.

pokemon to squaresoft.... not enix... but soft :P

I believe it does excel in combat. Its got slow, methodical combat that is easy to learn but hard to master, which is apparent at higher difficulty levels. Also, please don't discount its fantastic level design, probably my favourite in the industry. And its story is really moving.

I do think I went a bit overboard with what I said about Bayonetta and DMC, I like both of them, but no nearly as much as God Of War. God Of War really gets me ina way which no other game does, I don't know exactly how, it just does. So I can get really defensive about it sometimes lol.

Also, great to see someone else who thinks its PlayStation's best franchise and another hack n slash lover :)

It's not even close to being hard to master, dude.

And I'm not discounting it's fantastic level design, because it doesn't have fantastic level design. It has fantastic presentation and art direction, but the actual level design is mediocre, which isn't saying much because level design in all hack'n'slash games are mediocre. Even the best ones. It just looks great, which is presentation, not level design.

It gets you in the same way it gets everyone it gets. It's familiar and accessable. It has familiar characters (Greek gods) with familiar lore (Greek myth) and a familiar setting (Mt Olympus) with easy and accessable gameplay and great production values. And it's great for that. It's big for many of the same reasons AssCreed is, only GoW is actually good. 

spemanig said:

I believe it does excel in combat. Its got slow, methodical combat that is easy to learn but hard to master, which is apparent at higher difficulty levels. Also, please don't discount its fantastic level design, probably my favourite in the industry. And its story is really moving.

I do think I went a bit overboard with what I said about Bayonetta and DMC, I like both of them, but no nearly as much as God Of War. God Of War really gets me ina way which no other game does, I don't know exactly how, it just does. So I can get really defensive about it sometimes lol.

Also, great to see someone else who thinks its PlayStation's best franchise and another hack n slash lover :)

It's not even close to being hard to master, dude.

And I'm not discounting it's fantastic level design, because it doesn't have fantastic level design. It has fantastic presentation and art direction, but the actual level design is mediocre, which isn't saying much because level design in all hack'n'slash games are mediocre. Even the best ones. It just looks great, which is presentation, not level design.

It gets you in the same way it gets everyone it gets. It's familiar and accessable. It has familiar characters (Greek gods) with familiar lore (Greek myth) and a familiar setting (Mt Olympus) with easy and accessable gameplay and great production values. And it's great for that. It's big for many of the same reasons AssCreed is, only GoW is actually good. 

Lol sorry dude, God Of War's pacing and level design is unmatched in gaming. Every corner feels differenta nd exciting, not somethig I can say of most games out there. Puzzles are simple and nice, a good distraction from the otherwise endless combat, something taht more hack n slash games need to have.

As for what you said, it is familiar to many but not all, as not everyone is not well-versed in Greek mythology. Its accessible for sure though, part of the reason why its so successful, but it has enough depth and variety to be fun throughout its 10-15 hours campaign.

Don't get the AC comparison though, AC is good but for entirely different reason, like its open-world design and structure, but certainly not for its game mechanics, which are different from God Of War and mediocre as hell, they bring down the overall experience in AC.

As for combat, I completely disagree. Its hard to master, and if you're playing in hard or God mode, you really need to know the ins and outs of the combat as well as enemies. But I do think the weapons aren't that varied.

Around the Network

Lol sorry dude, God Of War's pacing and level design is unmatched in gaming. Every corner feels differenta nd exciting, not somethig I can say of most games out there. Puzzles are simple and nice, a good distraction from the otherwise endless combat, something taht more hack n slash games need to have.

As for what you said, it is familiar to many but not all, as not everyone is not well-versed in Greek mythology. Its accessible for sure though, part of the reason why its so successful, but it has enough depth and variety to be fun throughout its 10-15 hours campaign.

Don't get the AC comparison though, AC is good but for entirely different reason, like its open-world design and structure, but certainly not for its game mechanics, which are different from God Of War and mediocre as hell, they bring down the overall experience in AC.

As for combat, I completely disagree. Its hard to master, and if you're playing in hard or God mode, you really need to know the ins and outs of the combat as well as enemies. But I do think the weapons aren't that varied.

GoW isn't even in the top 500 in terms of level design, dude. What are you even talking about?

You don't need to be well versed in Greek myth for it to be familiar. Everyone at least has a basic understanding of like Zeus, and Athena, and Hades, and Poseidon, and Mt. Olympus, and the like. Like I said, they're familiar. That's where the AssCreed comparison comes in. A big draw is that it takes place in well known western time periods with well known western figures in well known western places. It's familiar, and therefore popular.

I dunno. I think the overall consensus amungst action game fans is that the combat in GoW is, compared to the big dogs, relatively shallow. I personally don't think that's an issue because it's fun, flashy, and has great animations, but it's definitely not hard to master by any means. At least, I had no issue with it on harder difficulties. I didn't feel I was doing anything much more advanced than I usually do.

I'm actually fine with the weapon variety. Too much weapon variety in any action game is overrated, not just GoW. Enemy variety is what's important, and GoW has plenty.

spemanig said:

GoW isn't even in the top 500 in terms of level design, dude. What are you even talking about?

You don't need to be well versed in Greek myth for it to be familiar. Everyone at least has a basic understanding of like Zeus, and Athena, and Hades, and Poseidon, and Mt. Olympus, and the like. Like I said, they're familiar. That's where the AssCreed comparison comes in. A big draw is that it takes place in well known western time periods with well known western figures in well known western places. It's familiar, and therefore popular.

I dunno. I think the overall consensus amungst action game fans is that the combat in GoW is, compared to the big dogs, relatively shallow. I personally don't think that's an issue because it's fun, flashy, and has great animations, but it's definitely not hard to master by any means. At least, I had no issue with it on harder difficulties. I didn't feel I was doing anything much more advanced than I usually do.

I'm actually fine with the weapon variety. Too much weapon variety in any action game is overrated, not just GoW. Enemy variety is what's important, and GoW has plenty.

We agree on somethings and disagree on others. God Of War easily has the best level designs in any game. That's part of what makes it so special. The combat as you said is flashy and fun, but you do need to know the ins and outs of combat in hard and God mode, or you'll stand no chance against enemies. What are the "big dogs" anyway? There is no other hack n slash series nearly as big and popular as God Of War, and that is just a fact.

Now I get your AC comparison, and I agree. But weapon variety is important, not just enemy variety, so we can disagree on that.

Teeqoz said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Have you looked at how big Valve is?  Essentially 300 people control PC gaming.  It is insane.

Valve doesn't control PC gaming. PC gaming is a very different, and bigger market than that. Riot games and Blizzard are just as important (Like come on, LoL makes almost a billion a year in revenues).

My point still stand though, they hardly make games anymore, besides the new Counter Strikes...

Hahaha don't make me laugh!  You know that isn't true buddy.

The problem is Valve is a private company so it's almost impossible to find hard data on them (That they don't release), but in 2004 Steam made $55 mil in profit while Blizzard made $45 mil.  However I think we know which one has grown FAR MORE since then in power, profit, and influence. 

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

If Pokemon Go turns out to be high quality, Yu-Gi-Oh to Ingress