By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Give an IP from a company to another developer you like

Avoiding controversial choices... I'd go with Silent Hill to Tango Gameworks. While TEW is too actiony for SH it's still the best closest thing we've gotten since SH4

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
Avoiding controversial choices... I'd go with Silent Hill to Tango Gameworks. While TEW is too actiony for SH it's still the best closest thing we've gotten since SH4

TEW is the best closest thing to japanese horror we've gotten since PS2 era.

Wright said:
Roronaa_chan said:

That's what I said, lol.

Roronaa_chan said:
Wright said:

That's what I said, lol.

I thought you were referring only to Silent Hill...

I'd give Xenosaga to Monolith Soft.
I'd also give Child of Light to Kojima Productions assuming Del Toro is involved.
And I'd give Zone of the Enders to Platinum. I'd cry if that happened.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Roronaa_chan said:

That's what I said, lol.

I thought you were referring only to Silent Hill...

Yes, and what i meant now was that Japanese horror was pretty much a non thing last gen, other than Siren Forbidden Curse. So, our statements end up meaning the same thing

The Order 1886 to Naughty Dog.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Roronaa_chan said:

Yes, and what i meant now was that Japanese horror was pretty much a non thing last gen, other than Siren Forbidden Curse. So, our statements end up meaning the same thing

Siren Blood Curse, and you're forgetting the masterpiece called The 3rd Birthday...!

... :P

There's also Deadly Premonition, and maybe I can dig another example if I think too much. But yeah, I get were you are coming from.

Give every Valve IP to Insomniac. Sorry Valve but you are just too busy running a Multi-Billion dollar company!

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Wright said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Siren Blood Curse, and you're forgetting the masterpiece called The 3rd Birthday...!

... :P

There's also Deadly Premonition, and maybe I can dig another example if I think too much. But yeah, I get were you are coming from.

Right, sometimes I mix it up because of the European name for the old games..

3rd birthday was a good-ish action game, no horror.. I wouldn't say the older games were horror either, just "survival horror" like RE, with neither of them being particularly scary or disturbing. When I think of Japanese horror it's Silent Hill, Rule of rose, Clock Tower, Fatal frame, Siren, Haunting ground (kinda..MC was a bit too well endowed). Even though TEW verges on the same things from RE or PE that drift it into a different area than these games, its brand of horror and psychology still brought me closer to those games than RE/PE, hence I'd still tag it under that Japanese horror category.