By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Give an IP from a company to another developer you like

spemanig said:
Wright said:

Silent Hill to Atlus.

This might work.

I mean, sure, Silent Hill might take a big change in its style and presentation, but I'd say Atlus are more than capable to create the atmosphere and characters the franchise is known for.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
UltimateGamerConsole said:

No, Santa Monica make the best hack n slash games period.

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha!

What's there to laugh, God Of War is the best hack n slash  series of all time. Bayonetta doesn't come close and DMC is mediocre at best.

spemanig said:

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha!

What's there to laugh, God Of War is the best hack n slash  series of all time. Bayonetta doesn't come close and DMC is mediocre at best.

And that was the sound of me not taking your opinion seriously. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

spemanig said:

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Hmmm, no, Bayonetta is amazing. GoW games are great too, and I can understand people might prefer them. But it does come close, at least. DMC is not that bad, people say it's bad because Dante has his hair changed. DMC is best than Devil May Cry 2 by miles. Oh, well, it's just my opinion.

OT, Sonic to Nintendo, I think this is obvious. 

spemanig said:
Metal Man said:
Mega Man to Comcept

*slaps in the face with a rolled up newspaper*

Ow.

spemanig said:

Have you even looked at the newest MNo9 footage?

Probably not, but I saw some footage a while back.

Anyway, I just think Keiji Inafune should have Mega Man.   I don't really think he would stray too far from the tried and true formula unless he were starting a new series.  MN9 has some similarities to Mega Man, but it isn't a Mega Man game.  I'll reserve judgment on the game until I get my own copy.

Barring that, I would say give Mega Man to Inti Creates since they have a proven track record working on the series, albeit with Inafune's involvement.

Around the Network

I love GoW, but it isn't even in the top 5 best Hack n Slash series. That second sentence is exactly what there is to laugh at.

Volterra_90 said:

Hmmm, no, Bayonetta is amazing. GoW games are great too, and I can understand people might prefer them. But it does come close, at least. DMC is not that bad, people say it's bad because Dante has his hair changed. DMC is best than Devil May Cry 2 by miles. Oh, well, it's just my opinion.

OT, Sonic to Nintendo, I think this is obvious. 

He was talking about the whole franchise DMC, not the atrocity that is DMC: DMC.

Metal Man said:
spemanig said:

*slaps in the face with a rolled up newspaper*

Ow.

spemanig said:

Have you even looked at the newest MNo9 footage?

Probably not, but I saw some footage a while back.

Anyway, I just think Keiji Inafune should have Mega Man.   I don't really think he would stray too far from the tried and true formula unless he were starting a new series.  MN9 has some similarities to Mega Man, but it isn't a Mega Man game.  I'll reserve judgment on the game until I get my own copy.

Barring that, I would say give Mega Man to Inti Creates since they have a proven track record working on the series, albeit with Inafune's involvement.

Honestly, I don't think he should. I don't think he's what's best for Mega Man anymore, and honestly, his quality has been on a decline. I know MN9 isn't Mega Man, but the things wrong with that game are things beyond the concept. It's the weird storytelling, the bad artstyle, the poor presentation, and the bad animations. Again, I think there are studios that exist that would be far more faithful to Mega Man than he would be and they'd frankly make better games than he would make.

Retro Studios. Yacht Club. Wayforward. Give the Blue Bomber to one of them, preferably in that order. They'd all make absolutely fantastic 2D Mega Man games, especially Retro. But keep Inafune far, far away. He's almost as bad as Sakamoto is to Metroid, if I'm being honest.

...Almost.

spemanig said:

Honestly, I don't think he should. I don't think he's what's best for Mega Man anymore, and honestly, his quality has been on a decline. I know MN9 isn't Mega Man, but the things wrong with that game are things beyond the concept. It's the weird storytelling, the bad artstyle, the poor presentation, and the bad animations. Again, I think there are studios that exist that would be far more faithful to Mega Man than he would be and they'd frankly make better games than he would make.

Retro Studios. Yacht Club. Wayforward. Give the Blue Bomber to one of them, preferably in that order. They'd all make absolutely fantastic 2D Mega Man games, especially Retro. But keep Inafune far, far away. He's almost as bad as Sakamoto is to Metroid, if I'm being honest.

...Almost.

While I can see where you're coming from, I think Inafune is still a talented developer, more than capable to overcome the shortcomings (heh). His latest work, and I'm including here Ninja Gaiden Yaiba Z or whatever it is called, still show that he has his magic touch.

Mn9 hasn't released yet, and while the previews might not give the best of hopes, we still can't conclude it's quality. For all we know it is a boring game to watch, but an amazing, fluid experience once you're in control.

Wright said:

While I can see where you're coming from, I think Inafune is still a talented developer, more than capable to overcome the shortcomings (heh). His latest work, and I'm including here Ninja Gaiden Yaiba Z or whatever it is called, still show that he has his magic touch.

Mn9 hasn't released yet, and while the previews might not give the best of hopes, we still can't conclude it's quality. For all we know it is a boring game to watch, but an amazing, fluid experience once you're in control.

I just think he's talented in a way that doesn't fit Mega Man anymore. Even seeing games like Gunvolt, which I own, makes me not want to see him touch Mega Man. No hard feelings. I'm excited for Red Ash. I likes Gunvolt. Don't want him touching Mega Man. He'll do weird shit with the series I don't like. Give it to someone else.

A lot of people are upset he left Capcom. I'm glad. Sakurai did better with Mega Man in a cameo than he's done since Mega Man 6.