Fallout 4 31 11.15%

Bloodborne 37 13.31%

Xenoblade Chronicles X 20 7.19%

Other 14 5.04%

Splatoon? 28 10.07%

Total:278
foodfather said:
No.

Like MGS4, its all hype and will be forgotten about when the ''lists'' start dropping.

Just like how MSG4 wasn't in the top 100 games IGN did a while ago, and rightly so.

LOL like that means anything.

Around the Network
Wagram said:

Mr_No said:

Game has a lot of approaches on how to beat it, without sacrificing the story? Not GOTY.

In the case of MGS5, the story is sacraficed significantly compared to previous entries. It's barely even there.

Comparing it to the other MGS games, the story seems more simplified. But it's not like the story is nonexistant or poorly written. It is there, whether one doesn't want to listen the tapes or whether they complain that cutscenes last 3 minutes. This game is no MGS4 storywise, but I like it a lot because it's giving me much more replay value MGS4 couldn't give me, excluding MGO.

Unless Bethesda really screws it up, Fallout 4, will most likely be my pick. No game pulls me in like Fallout does.

Mr_No said:
Wagram said:

Mr_No said:

Game has a lot of approaches on how to beat it, without sacrificing the story? Not GOTY.

In the case of MGS5, the story is sacraficed significantly compared to previous entries. It's barely even there.

Comparing it to the other MGS games, the story seems more simplified. But it's not like the story is nonexistant or poorly written. It is there, whether one doesn't want to listen the tapes or whether they complain that cutscenes last 3 minutes. This game is no MGS4 storywise, but I like it a lot because it's giving me much more replay value MGS4 couldn't give me, excluding MGO.

That's exactly why I said it's polarizing. This is the worst MGS to me because it lacks the strong Kojima narrative of the past, but others like you seem to like it.

I will go with Bloodborne, my GOTY 2015 (so far)!

Around the Network

On topic I would say this is a pretty bold prediction due to Fallout 4 being a thing. Bethesda RPGs usually clean up. Oblivion and Skyrim did. Fallout 3 wasn't *as* dominant but it did pretty dang good.

It will most likely be Fallout 4

I don't think it will. Fallout 4 will have a good chance and the Witcher 3 left a very good impression in most peoples minds, the upcoming DLC will put it back on the radar as well. But if there's one thing games like Alien Isolation (79) and Until Dawn (80) have taught me, its that enjoyment doesn't translate into metacritic scores and vice versa. The Phantom Pain has reviewed very well but almost every forum I visit has very polarizing views on the game (moreso than the Witcher imo, and that was mainly due to bugs and console performance). Even though I'm only a few hours in nothing so far (apart from the prologue) screams revolutionary or GOTY. The game is very polished and gameplay is good but Im not sure if it has the "X Factor".

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

BraLoD said:
Nuvendil said:

This is such an astoundingly pervasive myth it stuns me.  Last of Us didn't even win the GOTY award at the VGAs.  Both it and BioShock Infinite were nominees;  BTAV won.  And Those 200 GOTY awards?  That's technically true but contrary to popular perception those two hundred don't include all the major awards.  In fact, when you look at the noteworthy ones (for example, the list of GOTY awards on Wikipedia) you see that Last of Us won the largest number of any game that year probably, maybe even over 50%.  But a significant portion were taken by other games, most notably GTAV.  BioShock Infinite did get overshadowed, but this "unprecedented dominance" shtick is really starting to chafe.  Last of Us was dominant, yeah.  But it was not some unprecedented dominance.  It was more comparable to, say, Skyrim which was pretty dang dominant even vs Zelda and Arkham City which were critical darlings.

GTA won one event, so what? TLOU is the most awarded game ever.
I'm not saying the other games didn't won awards as well, they did, but yeah, it's something close to what we saw with Skyrim.

Anyway, the fact I see people saying things like "TLOU just won because it had no competition, it was a slow year" and things like that just help TLOU to prove it's dominance even more, as it made people actually forget that year had others great games as well.

I don't say it had no competition.  And you are forgetting the "salty fans" factor.  Heck, whatever game wins this year will no doubt have detractors saying "well if x game (that they love) had launched this year it wouldn't have one; there just wasn't enough competition."  I certainly haven't met many people who forget about GTAV.  But anecdotes aren't evidence as they say.  I say that the 200 award thing has made people forget some basic facts.  One, there are a CRAP TON more sites with more awards now than ever before.  It would have been mathematically impossible for many classics to match the actual number (Ocarina of Time, for example, could never have had that many because there weren't that many to give out, despite OoT being absurdly, ridiculously dominant); that's why percentages matter more than numbers.  Second, it's not just a matter of how many sites but what sites.  Many of those 200 are pretty tiny sites that would never be trusted for citation in any serious publication.  Numerous games before this could have slapped big numbers on their box they just didn't.  And GTA didn't win one event, it won a number.  Going back to that list from Wikipedia (more representative sample than comprehensive list), TLOU did win the most (17) but only just cleared half as GTAV took a big chunk as well (10) but then other games also took seven (SM3DW, Bioshock, Zelda ALBW being notable).  That's all I'm saying.  I'm not opposed to the game being praised; being in the success range of Skyrim (which incidentally had a similar ration vs a veritable gauntlet of heavy hitters).  But the 200 GOTY marketing line has blown the success up to absurd degrees to the point where people think the game won every award ever and is uncontestably the greatest thing since sliced bread and everyone should bow down and worship it.  I'm just trying to pull all that hot air back down to earth.  It was a great game.  It was a dominant game.  It was not the second coming of the messiah :P

But this is all off topic. 

Fallout 4 will win regardless of what is the better game.