Halo 5 9 3.24%

Rise of Tomb Raider 2 0.72%

Fallout 4 31 11.15%

Bloodborne 37 13.31%

Xenoblade Chronicles X 20 7.19%

Other 14 5.04%

Splatoon? 28 10.07%

Total:278

There is nothing besting MGSV this year. Simply over the top. I've been having a thorough blast so far!

Around the Network
Abun said:

I am talking about how Ground Zeroes is.None health bar,more mainstream control scheme for run and gun,less emphasis on story and swapping weapons.You praised the game in your thread,but what are.your complaints about it?

I didn't praise the game. I praised its performance on next generation consoles. It's control scheme isn't much different from MGS3, and it doesn't matter that it's "mainsteam," as it's better for it. The lack of a health bar is an issue, but it was likely added because the game is so open, rather than to appeal to a specific audience, since the alternative would be to litter the world with an overabundance of health packs or make the level design linear again. Less emphasis on story isn't a product of a mainstream target, either. It's likely just due to constaints, of a shift in focus, or just a slip up on Kojima's part. Swapping weapons is convenient. Don't see the issue, or how that's a "COD" thing.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7507228

Abun said:
Justagamer said:

Exactly. Goty based solely on hype, just like gta v and gta iv before it. After the dust settles, the game will be considered good by many, and crappy by many, just like mgs 4 and gta 4... and gta 5 and mgs 5 will fall into that as well.

Gotta agree with everything here,though I enjoyed MGS4 it was not great and I found GTA5 to be average.

Playing MGS 4 was special experience on PS3. 

It wont. The game after chapter 1 is basically garbage.

Game focuses way too much on the story and has way too little gameplay? Not GOTY.

Game has a lot of approaches on how to beat it, without sacrificing the story? Not GOTY.

Simply no one can't be pleased. This game definitely is a Game of the Year candidate, and it has as much chance to be as the other ones. Quickly throwing this game aside just expecting or wishing for other unreleased games to immediately nab the award is not the wisest thing to do.

Around the Network

Bloodborne or MGS5 it is

foodfather said:
No.

Like MGS4, its all hype and will be forgotten about when the ''lists'' start dropping.

Just like how MSG4 wasn't in the top 100 games IGN did a while ago, and rightly so.

MGS4 isnt forgotten despite being exclusive to the PS3, if they would release a remaster it would even more popular. MGS4 aged pretty well for a 2008 game, xbox 360 games not so much in that time periord

Mr_No said:

Game has a lot of approaches on how to beat it, without sacrificing the story? Not GOTY.

In the case of MGS5, the story is sacraficed significantly compared to previous entries. It's barely even there.

Ruler said:

MGS4 isnt forgotten despite being exclusive to the PS3, if they would release a remaster it would even more popular. MGS4 aged pretty well for a 2008 game, xbox 360 games not so much in that time periord

I disagree. Fable 2 has aged excepcionally well.

BraLoD said:
jardesonbarbosa said:
Well, there's Fallout 4 coming. I don't think the MGSV hype will survive until the end of the year. Bioshock Infinite got 94 on Metacritic, but in the end of 2013 nobody even remembered about it.

Because of something called The Last of Us, it made everyone forget anything else.

I often see people calling TLOU the only good game of 2013, it actually made people forget there were things like GoW Ascencion, Gran Turismo 6, Bioshock Infinite and GT fucking A 5!

TLOU scored a 95, thst's higher than Infinite, now GTA5 scored a 97 and sold like the world was coming to an end, also came later than TLOU, even so TLOU got the most awards ever and made people forget the other good games.

It doesn't matter the score, it doesn't matter the time it comes out, it doesn't matter how much it sold, 2013 was simply stormed by a masterpiece that put anything else on its shadow.

This is such an astoundingly pervasive myth it stuns me.  Last of Us didn't even win the GOTY award at the VGAs.  Both it and BioShock Infinite were nominees;  BTAV won.  And Those 200 GOTY awards?  That's technically true but contrary to popular perception those two hundred don't include all the major awards.  In fact, when you look at the noteworthy ones (for example, the list of GOTY awards on Wikipedia) you see that Last of Us won the largest number of any game that year probably, maybe even over 50%.  But a significant portion were taken by other games, most notably GTAV.  BioShock Infinite did get overshadowed, but this "unprecedented dominance" shtick is really starting to chafe.  Last of Us was dominant, yeah.  But it was not some unprecedented dominance.  It was more comparable to, say, Skyrim which was pretty dang dominant even vs Zelda and Arkham City which were critical darlings.