By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 6 - Metacritic 87 / Game Rankings 89.23%

Chris Hu said:
ethomaz said:

lol

It just that the driving/handling that is what I call gameplay was never mentioned like a issue... the opposite it was praised in GT5/GT6,

Some big issues for example:

- Sound
- Standard cars/tracks
- Bad carrer mode

He saying one of the biggest advantages of GT over the competition being something that doesn't hold up feels wrong... even InsideRacingSim give GT5 max score in gameplay.driving simulation

Well GT5 is the last GT game that got high scores from Inside Sim Racing they didn't like 6 too much and pointed out the obivious flaws that it had and that where also in previous titles they actually liked FM5 better then GT6. 

They praise it for the amazing track selection and rightly so.

Yet indeed, sound, standard cars, career mode (no damage, can't do career races with tyre grip set to real) is what they're complaining about. But the actual driving was not broken. GT6 had about the same nr of new premium cars and new tracks as FM5 total cars and tracks at launch, plus all the previous content and DLC, plus dynamic time and weather on a whole lot more tracks, higher res, new career mode with extra new events. It's like GT is held to a much higher standard. Why complain about the previous content still being there, would it have been a better game with just the 200 new cars and 14 new tracks? From their review: Why did you rebrand GT5 and not make any significant changes. I wonder what significant changes are...

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Chris Hu said:
ethomaz said:

lol

It just that the driving/handling that is what I call gameplay was never mentioned like a issue... the opposite it was praised in GT5/GT6,

Some big issues for example:

- Sound
- Standard cars/tracks
- Bad carrer mode

He saying one of the biggest advantages of GT over the competition being something that doesn't hold up feels wrong... even InsideRacingSim give GT5 max score in gameplay.driving simulation

Well GT5 is the last GT game that got high scores from Inside Sim Racing they didn't like 6 too much and pointed out the obivious flaws that it had and that where also in previous titles they actually liked FM5 better then GT6. 

They praise it for the amazing track selection and rightly so.

Yet indeed, sound, standard cars, career mode (no damage, can't do career races with tyre grip set to real) is what they're complaining about. But the actual driving was not broken. GT6 had about the same nr of new premium cars and new tracks as FM5 total cars and tracks at launch, plus all the previous content and DLC, plus dynamic time and weather on a whole lot more tracks, higher res, new career mode with extra new events. It's like GT is held to a much higher standard. Why complain about the previous content still being there, would it have been a better game with just the 200 new cars and 14 new tracks? From their review: Why did you rebrand GT5 and not make any significant changes. I wonder what significant changes are...

You are forgetting about GT6's lackluster AI that was another one of their major gripes and too many duplicate cars which was a minor gripe but a major gripe for most people that played GT a lot.

Xbox Achievements - 85 - "Simply a better game than Forza 5 and with a lot more content to boot, Forza Motorsport 6 is an endlessly playable racer that deserves a spot in your Xbox One collection."

Action Trip - 9 - "Forza Motorsport 6 is a love letter to racing fans that greatly makes up for the shortcomings of the last installment in the series."

If the game is as good as the reviewers are saying, its a shame that its not doing so hot sales wise.

Its sitting currently at #33 on the Amazon Top 100 and going Down.

I guess the franchise peaked with Forza 3 and going down since then.

Forza 1 - 1.05
Forza 2 - 4.04
Forza 3 - 5.48
Forza 4 - 4.48
Forza 5 - 2.01

IMO they have to rest the franchise for a couple of years, not because they are bad games, but because of the saturation of the market.

lol Totally forgot about this game since I don't care for sims. Good reviews though!

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
If the game is as good as the reviewers are saying, its a shame that its not doing so hot sales wise.

Forza 1 - 1.05
Forza 2 - 4.04
Forza 3 - 5.48
Forza 4 - 4.48
Forza 5 - 2.01

IMO they have to rest the franchise for a couple of years, not because they are bad games, but because of the saturation of the market.

Nope considering there are less then 14 million X1 out there the franchise is actually more popular now then it ever was.  Forza 5 and Horizon 2 have a much higher attachment rate then any Forza games on the 360.

Hats off to the developers, the game sincerely looks great.

AEGRO said:

Forza 1 - 1.05
Forza 2 - 4.04
Forza 3 - 5.48
Forza 4 - 4.48
Forza 5 - 2.01

If Forza 6 does poor maybe I'll agree. But 2 million seems to be about the average for the series if you exclude mass bundling.

Also, this is the racing series Xbox users actually care about. So that's a motivator to put out a Forza game every year.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
AEGRO said:

Forza 1 - 1.05
Forza 2 - 4.04
Forza 3 - 5.48
Forza 4 - 4.48
Forza 5 - 2.01

If Forza 6 does poor maybe I'll agree. But 2 million seems to be about the average for the series if you exclude mass bundling.

Also, this is the racing series Xbox users actually care about. So that's a motivator to put out a Forza game every year.

Exactly Forza 5 and Forza Horzion 2 are the only racing games that sold over a million copies on the X1 the next highest is Need For Speed Rivals 570K.  The next Need For Speed might do better then that but I doubt it will sell over a million.  A racing game without Forza in the title selling over a million copies on the X1 might not happen until after Horizon 3 comes out.

Chris Hu said:
Mr Puggsly said:
AEGRO said:

Forza 1 - 1.05
Forza 2 - 4.04
Forza 3 - 5.48
Forza 4 - 4.48
Forza 5 - 2.01

Exactly Forza 5 and Forza Horzion 2 are the only racing games that sold over a million copies on the X1 the next highest is Need For Speed Rivals 570K.  The next Need For Speed might do better then that but I doubt it will sell over a million.  A racing game without Forza in the title selling over a million copies on the X1 might not happen until after Horizon 3 comes out.

Forza 6 went down 5 places, and now is sitting at #38 (Amazon Top 100) and going down BTW.

I dont think the game is doing too hot. I predict that it will sell less than Forza 5.