By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 6 - Metacritic 87 / Game Rankings 89.23%

Great reviews so far. I downloaded the demo and even though I no longer own a PS4, and I like the Xbox One better, I still think GT is a better game. I really don't know what it is but GT just feels like a love letter to racing. You can just feel how much the creators adore the sport when you play it. It's the MLB The Show of racing games imo.

Forza feels like a more flashy casual affair. It's great at what it does, and I wouldn't tell someone not to play it but it just feels too casual to me. It really doesn't feel like the people who created it really know racing (they may, I really don't know much about them) and CERTAINLY don't obsess over it as much as Kaz and his team does.

Idk... that all sounded like I was bashing Froza. I'm really not. I just wanted to comment on my take, that's all.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Ruler said:
walsufnir said:
So critically the best racer this gen. At least it looks to be a lot better than Forza 5 and it seems the weather affects gameplay like no racer has done before.
I wonder what Forza 7 will do in terms of improvement.

Like no racer had done before? Driveclub has it done before and so did every granturismo before that

Weather barely affects the gameplay in Driveclub, mostly your vision. It's an arcade racer. GT it affected them but not nearly the level of F6.

I am sure GT7 will see much better rain racing than GT6.

I'm not expert on the subject but it seems to me Forza 6 has the best implementation of rain in a racing game we've seen thus far.

Forza may have been late to the party when it comes to rain (atleast in sim games), but they did an amazing job in Forza 6. I imagine Sony is gonna take a good look at Forza 6 while developing GT7.

There are probably some PC sims that do it better. I should see if Dirt Rally on PC has rain. It is the most impressive looking racer I have ever seen.

Ruler said:
walsufnir said:
So critically the best racer this gen. At least it looks to be a lot better than Forza 5 and it seems the weather affects gameplay like no racer has done before.
I wonder what Forza 7 will do in terms of improvement.

Like no racer had done before? Driveclub has it done before and so did every granturismo before that

We are not talking of a bullet point list - of course others did it before, even before Driveclub or Gran Turismo. The thing that makes a difference according to reviewers is how it affects the gameplay. Like I said in my post "and it seems the weather affects gameplay like no racer has done before." That's the bold word in this reply to you.

walsufnir said:
Ruler said:

We are not talking of a bullet point list - of course others did it before, even before Driveclub or Gran Turismo. The thing that makes a difference according to reviewers is how it affects the gameplay. Like I said in my post "and it seems the weather affects gameplay like no racer has done before." That's the bold word in this reply to you.

Even in GTA the Rain and Snow affect gameplay. Me and my friends when we play Driveclub have to choose cars with less handling when it's raining because if not we're sliding all over the place.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
walsufnir said:

Even in GTA the Rain and Snow affect gameplay. Me and my friends when we play Driveclub have to choose cars with less handling when it's raining because if not we're sliding all over the place.

Seriously? I should've bolded more text, obviously. So, next try! To make it more clear and to not confuse people more than it already happened, I even "unbolded" the old bolded text.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Seriously? I should've bolded more text, obviously. So, next try! To make it more clear and to not confuse people more than it already happened, I even "unbolded" the old bolded text.

Again, it affects gameplay in the way it does any modern racer. The reason why they're pointing it out is because they're used to Forza gameplay, and now they're experiencing different gameplay given that it's raining and it's affecting the formula. I don't hear reviewers hailing how it makes it so different to every other racing game in existence based on rain physics.

ArchangelMadzz said:
walsufnir said:

Again, it affects gameplay in the way it does any modern racer. The reason why they're pointing it out is because they're used to Forza gameplay, and now they're experiencing different gameplay given that it's raining and it's affecting the formula. I don't hear reviewers hailing how it makes it so different to every other racing game in existence based on rain physics.

No Racing game to this day offers puddles that actraully affect the gameplay mechanics of cars. Yes most racing games offer Rain which makes the roads more slippery but the puddles dont affect gameplay like FM6 does. I think thats the point.

Azzanation said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
walsufnir said:

No Racing game to this day offers puddles that actraully affect the gameplay mechanics of cars. Yes most racing games offer Rain which makes the roads more slippery but the puddles dont affect gameplay like FM6 does. I think thats the point.

Driveclub doesn't have dynamic 3d puddles (as far as I'm aware) but you better not drive into the puddles or you will slide more. But I suppose being an arcade racer and not a sim it doesn't count.

ArchangelMadzz said:
walsufnir said:

Nope. And the reason you are presenting is also not true which makes me wonder how you come to this post like at all.

"Bucketing rain is Forza 6’s biggest bullet point and the effect itself is astounding. It would’ve been nice if the wet weather was able to arrive and break up dynamically (as it does in Forza Horizon 2) because it would add some tactical spice to the racing, but visually and physically it’s extremely impressive. The streaking droplets on the windscreen, which slosh under the wipers and trace left or right with cornering forces, are a big step up from Horizon 2 – far closer to the likes of Driveclub – but it’s the 3D puddles of standing water all around the tracks that really make Forza 6’s wet weather racing an unmissable experience.

Hit a puddle with one side of your car at speed and it’s going to try to drag you off track, as that side slows from the drag of the water. Notice a small lake on the apex of your favourite corner? Take a wider line; you can’t steer when you’re skimming over the water’s surface like the world’s least-practical wakeboard. It’s not just slipperier; it’s like the tracks are actively trying to kill you. It makes for amazing racing, whether you’re behind a fancy wheel or content with feeling the feedback though the Xbox One controller’s criminally underrated haptic triggers. That this is all achieved with 24 cars on track and at an undaunted 60 frames-per-second is quite remarkable."

source: http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/09/08/forza-motorsport-6-review

Again, take it as a service from me to you that I bolded an important part, again.

ArchangelMadzz said:
Azzanation said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Driveclub doesn't have dynamic 3d puddles (as far as I'm aware) but you better not drive into the puddles or you will slide more. But I suppose being an arcade racer and not a sim it doesn't count.

Its not about how much you're sliding. Its about how it affects the car itself. Puddles are supposed to make your car slow in certain parts. That's what happens in Forza.