By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 6 - Metacritic 87 / Game Rankings 89.23%

What the hell Ill buy an xbox one for this.

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
AEGRO said:

Forza 6 went down 5 places, and now is sitting at #38 (Amazon Top 100) and going down BTW.

I dont think the game is doing too hot. I predict that it will sell less than Forza 5.

Weekly, monthly, daily, hourly?  I guess Amazon is all that we have but I never considered it a reliable source of anything.  I'm one of those "You can't play sales" guys but I do like to see a good game sell well.  Forza is too complex for me and has to much content so I'm not gonna buy it but a success story would be nice.  

It's got a nice console bundle, too.  That should help things.

AEGRO said:
Chris Hu said:Exactly Forza 5 and Forza Horzion 2 are the only racing games that sold over a million copies on the X1 the next highest is Need For Speed Rivals 570K.  The next Need For Speed might do better then that but I doubt it will sell over a million.  A racing game without Forza in the title selling over a million copies on the X1 might not happen until after Horizon 3 comes out.

Forza 6 went down 5 places, and now is sitting at #38 (Amazon Top 100) and going down BTW.

I dont think the game is doing too hot. I predict that it will sell less than Forza 5.

Amazon... Really?

Anywho, Forza tends to have pretty good legs. Forza 5 hit 2 million fairly recently.

It has the potential to sell better than Forza 5. I think critical reception is going to help with that. Maybe Forza fans rather drive to the store than use Amazon?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

d21lewis said:

Forza is too complex for me and has to much content so I'm not gonna buy it but a success story would be nice.  

Forza is fine for people that just want to race as well. You dont have to play with the tweaks.

Forza is a series I enjoy playing while listening to podcasts, news, etc. I just like how it feels as a racer and the campaign content keeps me going.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Game Trailers - 8.9 - "Forza Motorsport 6 maintains the series’ strong handling, robust features, and its ability to bring together players of varied skill levels. There are improvements in virtually every area, but even with additions like night and weather, it doesn’t really feel like there’s a standout change to push the series forward. It seems like most of the effort this time around went into getting Forza back on track."

Gaming Trend - 90 - "With improvements in literally every area, Forza Motorsport 6 positions itself as the absolute best racer on the market. There are a few oil leaks, but when compared to the upgrades, they are easier to ignore."

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
So critically the best racer this gen. At least it looks to be a lot better than Forza 5 and it seems the weather affects gameplay like no racer has done before.
I wonder what Forza 7 will do in terms of improvement.

One of the best, not the best

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/mario-kart-8

; )

I think it looks way better than Forza 5, which was a bitter disappointment to me personally.

That said, I doubt it will outsell Forza 5, as there are a surprising number of people who will just skip a release in an iterative series like Forza, GT, Madden, etc. But more importantly, it's releasing right in a crapstorm of content this fall that even while not directly competing on the race-sim field, more than likely will have most gamers priorities in purchasing.

This fall's lineup blows away 2013 and 2014 by a long shot for console imho.

My guess for Forza 5 total lifetime sales : 3M (if they mark it $19.99 value or whatever and keep it on shelves/online)

My guess for Forza 6 total lifetime sales : 2M

AEGRO said:
Chris Hu said:
Mr Puggsly said:
AEGRO said:
If the game is as good as the reviewers are saying, its a shame that its not doing so hot sales wise.

Its sitting currently at #33 on the Amazon Top 100 and going Down.

I guess the franchise peaked with Forza 3 and going down since then.

Forza 1 - 1.05
Forza 2 - 4.04
Forza 3 - 5.48
Forza 4 - 4.48
Forza 5 - 2.01

IMO they have to rest the franchise for a couple of years, not because they are bad games, but because of the saturation of the market.

If Forza 6 does poor maybe I'll agree. But 2 million seems to be about the average for the series if you exclude mass bundling.

Also, this is the racing series Xbox users actually care about. So that's a motivator to put out a Forza game every year.

Exactly Forza 5 and Forza Horzion 2 are the only racing games that sold over a million copies on the X1 the next highest is Need For Speed Rivals 570K.  The next Need For Speed might do better then that but I doubt it will sell over a million.  A racing game without Forza in the title selling over a million copies on the X1 might not happen until after Horizon 3 comes out.

Doubt it a lot of people are already playing it since they bought the Ultimate Edition like I did and that is not going to show up in sales because its digital only.

Chris Hu said:
AEGRO said:
Chris Hu said:
Mr Puggsly said:
AEGRO said:
If the game is as good as the reviewers are saying, its a shame that its not doing so hot sales wise.

Its sitting currently at #33 on the Amazon Top 100 and going Down.

I guess the franchise peaked with Forza 3 and going down since then.

Forza 1 - 1.05
Forza 2 - 4.04
Forza 3 - 5.48
Forza 4 - 4.48
Forza 5 - 2.01

IMO they have to rest the franchise for a couple of years, not because they are bad games, but because of the saturation of the market.

If Forza 6 does poor maybe I'll agree. But 2 million seems to be about the average for the series if you exclude mass bundling.

Also, this is the racing series Xbox users actually care about. So that's a motivator to put out a Forza game every year.

Exactly Forza 5 and Forza Horzion 2 are the only racing games that sold over a million copies on the X1 the next highest is Need For Speed Rivals 570K.  The next Need For Speed might do better then that but I doubt it will sell over a million.  A racing game without Forza in the title selling over a million copies on the X1 might not happen until after Horizon 3 comes out.

Doubt it a lot of people are already playing it since they bought the Ultimate Edition like I did and that is not going to show up in sales because its digital only.

''A lot of people'' dont tell me much, lets wait for official numbers. 

I still predict that it will sell less than Forza 5 tho.

I'm buying digital so mines won't count